Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena electric MC S 135mm F3.5 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena electric MC S 135mm F3.5 M42 Reply with quote

Since no is wanting to trade this, I'm selling it here.
(click on pics for bigger size)

Carl Zeiss Jena electric MC S 135mm F3.5 M42 SN: 10443710
with front and back caps.

IMGP5420 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

IMGP5426 by eduardodourado, on Flickr IMGP5452 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
Mechanics:
Focus rings is smooth
Aperture clicks and moves smoothly
A/M switch operates well with positive feedback.
Aperture blades move freely and are oil free:
IMGP5423 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

No fungus that I can see. Little dust inside (see photo).
IMGP5429 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
Front element is scratched in 3 places (1 jagged etch and 2 pits) depicted bellow.
IMGP5428 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
The dust and scratches do not affect the performance of this lens

I had the automatic aperture pin disengaged. I have now engaged it myself. I tested the lens after the "surgery".
This is me focusing on the text " 5 insider tips" - click for full size
IMGP5438 by eduardodourado, on Flickr
IMGP5450 by eduardodourado, on Flickr

All is working, but with the aperture on F3.5 the blades do not form a perfect circle, only if you push it a tad more do they make it. There seems to be less than 1mm play in terms of rotation observed both at F22 and F3.5. The consequence is than in A mode the blades seem to not retreat to a complete circle, but to F3.5.
My Industar 50mm exhibits the same behavior on the aperture ring, whereas the SMC-A 50mm does not.

I have looked thoroughly inside and there seems to be no fault, however please be advised of this.

In this video I show the mechanical operation, hopefully showing also this phenomena.

30 Euros plus postage.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price updated upon advice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold.