Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 28mm f2 AIS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 28mm f2 AIS Reply with quote

Came across one the other day and couldn't resist. Seems that it isn't a particularly common lens.

Seems to be a nice lens, though I have read that the slower f2.8 version is a little better. There is some coma wide open that disappears completely by f4. Corners are soft wide open and sharpen up nicely by f4. Very extreme corner remains a bit soft till f8. Flare is almost non existent, but some green ghosts can be seen under extreme conditions. (mine is NIC not SIC, so later ones may be better)

St Woolos Garage by --Kei--, on Flickr

KMW_1323 by --Kei--, on Flickr

KMW_1320 by --Kei--, on Flickr

KMW_1318 by --Kei--, on Flickr

KMW_1313 by --Kei--, on Flickr

KMW_1308 by --Kei--, on Flickr

Gear Clinic by --Kei--, on Flickr

KMW_1293 by --Kei--, on Flickr

KMW_1295 by --Kei--, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples! The Nikkor 28/2 is the only old wide and fast lens I've been truly impressed with Smile Probably shouldn't have sold mine Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like what I see.. nice photos Smile

ManualFocus-G wrote:
The Nikkor 28/2 is the only old wide and fast lens I've been truly impressed with Smile

interesting... and the old wide and fast lenses who didn't impress you are which ones?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a big discussion over this one vs the 2.8. Bjorn loved this one and somebody else loved the 2.8. I had one of these and it never lived up to it's rep on the Sony cameras I had at the time---only a Nex-5---, but your Sony sensored 810 seems to like it fine Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, great lens , great samples!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking this lens more than the 24mm N.C auto I have. Probably got a lot to do with the 7 blade aperture vs six.

If provoked, it seems that flare can be persuaded to show up.
Byron Road by --Kei--, on Flickr

Did some proper close ups at MFD. Seems excellent.
Spring Beckons by --Kei--, on Flickr

KMW_1383 by --Kei--, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've really enjoyed using this lens, it's pretty much replaced both my 24 f2.8 and 35 f1.4. It seems to excel at both close up and infinity, has pleasant bokeh and lovely colours.

Clematis Guernsey Cream by Kyle, on Flickr

Californian Poppy by Kyle, on Flickr

Canopy Bokeh by Kyle, on Flickr

Blossom Bokeh by Kyle, on Flickr

Amongst The Petals by Kyle, on Flickr

Grass Seeds by Kyle, on Flickr

Leaves by Kyle, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples. I like mine too.
CRC is another word for floating element. Distagon 2/28 has a MFD of 25cm, but bigger and weight a lot more.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First ones I enjoyed a lot, truly a keeper Kei!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples, i have the same lens sn 562... I really like it at close distances wide open, somehow the bokeh doesn t look like it s from a wide angle lens. I am useing it less since i got a Samyang 24/1.4

Tomas

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned 28/2 AIS, it's a sharp lens but somehow never liked out of focus rendering especially wide open as can also be seen from some of the pictures here.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow very nice shots indeed.
I am yet to use a nikkor lens.
might have have a go. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing these excellent examples Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my copy of this lens. Very nice shots by the way.
f2 and nice close focus gives scope for quite a lot of bokeh. Like most wides of its day the bokeh is not always smooth, but it can be interesting, almost painterly