Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hasselblad Ektar 135 mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Hasselblad Ektar 135 mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the opportunity to buy locally this lens for aprox 280 GBP it was being used on an old kiev 88. I know it's hasselblad screw mount and can be adapted to P6 mount.

Question is, anyone have any opinion on the lens IQ?

The price according to the auction web seem to be more or less average (Not considering BIN prices)

what do you think ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expensive for a 135/f3.5 I think ,it s a focal length common

or you need hasselblad mount Confused

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ektars were sold for only a few years in the early 50s, when Zeiss Opton got started in the West, Hasselblad switched to them.

I expect this Ektar will be typical of Lumenized Ektars of the period (I have tried a handful of large format ones) and be sharp and contrasty.

280 quid though...

About 200 quid too much imho. The price is due to scarcity rather than quality.

You can buy a later Sonnar 150 for less than half the cost of this Ektar or get a CZJ MC Sonnar 3.5/135 for 40-50 quid.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with Ian, quite too much asked for.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your replies,

I think you are right, the high price is more because of the rarity and not the quality (which is not bad at all) and that is what caught my attention to start with.

In that focal range i already have a biometar 120 2.8 (P6) that i got for 60 GBP. And there are other options for much less money than the ektar as Ian said.

Not being a collector i think i will pass this time.

Thanks again to all of you.