Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Multi Coated Takumar 35mm f/2.0 on Canon 60d
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Super Multi Coated Takumar 35mm f/2.0 on Canon 60d Reply with quote

I keep hearing conflicting stories about this lens, so I tried to do some things with it. (I barely used it before)

Night photography with way too high ISO and slow shutterspeeds:

EDIT:
I forgot to include some alternate renders, with a lot of PP:

I went a bit mad with a London shop display:

And today a frosty morning...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice night shots, make the lens shine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

araucaria wrote:
Very nice night shots, make the lens shine.

Hey thanks! I really want to do more of those, but with a tripod and deeper focus.
Been planning to do a series of night shots of concrete entrances (Garages, car-washes, underpasses, that kind of stuff) for a while now.

All I need is time. Which is exactly what I DON't HAVE arrghhh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Multi Coated Takumar 35mm f/2.0 on Canon 60d Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:
I keep hearing conflicting stories about this lens ...

Really...I'd like to hear those stories! I think it is an excellent lens on both APS and FF...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it from old threads here on this forum, and on Pentaxforums Smile have a search and you will find plenty of people grumbling about it Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On PF, all the flak is from users of APS cameras complaining about sharpness when in fact their cameras are incapable of accurate focus of lenses faster than f/3.5...also some confusion among versions. The lens is sharp from wide open (readily apparent when focus is accurate).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
On PF, all the flak is from users of APS cameras complaining about sharpness when in fact their cameras are incapable of accurate focus of lenses faster than f/3.5...also some confusion among versions. The lens is sharp from wide open (readily apparent when focus is accurate).

No argument from me, as I love this lens and I think it performs very well indeed Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more shots. I really do like this lens:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, thanks for sharing!