Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The large-format gang
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: The large-format gang Reply with quote

Here are a few of my latest aquisitions.
Schneider Xenar, Zeiss Goerz Dagor, Hugo Meyer Doppel-Plasmat, Schneider Angulon, Rodenstock Trinar, Voigtländer Radiar

and I managed to get a lens holder! Not the nicest one, but it works and I transfered it onto a plate for the Tachihara

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice line-up. You probably know this, but the Trinar 10.5 will only cover 6x9. Good lens though, I have one on a 6x9 folder. Tessars and triplets need to be 150mm or more to cover 5x4. I have two 135mm Tessars, one 1920s in dialset Compur, one 1930sin rimset Compur, and I have yet to see if they will cover 5x4, although I doubt it, they cover 9x12 and were intended as the 'standard' lens in that format with 150mm being the 'standard' for 5x4.

6.3 Tessars cover a wider angle than 4.5 ones, so a 6.3/135 Tessar will probably make a nice moderate wide on 5x4. I hardly ever see 6.3s for sale however.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know the Trinar is for 6x9cm, anyway, I will try it! Maybe it will give some nice vignetting or strange behaviour at the edges.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!
Now let's please see some photos. Wink I am excited to know those lenses in your hands!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, me too....
Hope to get a few used next days

Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive.
Is there a Large Format Forum here on MF Lenses somewhere?
I have looked but can't seem to locate such.
If so - great, if not, maybe a new sub forum under Film could be added.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That photo is so beautiful! Well arranged!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exaklaus,

You have a nice set of lenses at hand, and maybe you can get full coverage with a 6x9 film back for some of the lens which image circle doesn't cover 4x5 without strong vignetting...
Post your pics with the lenses as soon as you have something to show,

OH,

Last year I had also the idea to ask to the mod's to open a sub-forum area for LF lenses, but the thing haven't come, so I moved to another forum for my LF experimentation and sharing pics, etc.

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice stuff. I am intrigued by the wooden 4 x 5's Wista, Zone vi, shenhao, etc. They just look so cool. I was at an art event recently and a gentleman was selling photos taken with his Wista. Really nice enlargements. He had the camera on display as well, Just a classy bit of kit and as was said "old school".

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have time, money and passion to work with such an oldtimer, I'd recommend getting one!