Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f3.5 (Tokina) Haze Removal
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f3.5 (Tokina) Haze Removal Reply with quote

I got this lens for $11.00 at an auction site. There was haze visible that ended up being on the back side of #5, 2nd & 3rd lens elements. Thanks to Boggy for the IPB.

First I removed #1, the name ring with a 90 degree pick as an improvised spanner.

Then, using the pick again, I unscrewed #2 the 1st ring. As I unscrewed parts #2-6 came out as one assembly.

#2 the 1st ring unscrews from #4 the 1st lens group housing.

#3 the 1st lens element is able to be removed.

This gets access to all of the front lens elements for cleaning.

The rear lens elements looked clear.

Cleaning took a couple different tries. First I used Zeiss lint free lens cleaning wipes and all they did was push the haze around. Same thing happened with vinegar. What finally worked was Johnson's Baby Shampoo on lint free wipes followed by cleaning with eyeglass cleaner and a microfiber cloth.

Everything went back together in the reverse order.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, those Vivitar zooms are very popular and seem prone to haze. I will clean mine now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may help
http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-series-1-70-210-macro-focusing-zoom-service-repair-t70130.html