Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax Announces a Fullframe DSLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Pentax Announces a Fullframe DSLR Reply with quote

Actually Ricoh announces it. A concept model will be shown next week at CP+ (Camera and Photo Imaging Show) in Japan and should be available on sale by end of 2015.

More info at: http://www.dpreview.com/articles/3071796575/ricoh-announces-development-of-long-awaited-full-frame-pentax-dslr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it too good to be true,is it really happening??? Laughing I wonder what the final price range will be, and will it be pretty and not an ugly duckling like the K-01?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is going to be an exicting year for full frame. I am sure all the major full frame players Canon, Nikon and Sony will have something in 2015.

Last edited by my_photography on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is crazy to think. A Pentax FF SLR was first sighted 15yrs ago, that bing the mz-d. Pentax fans, we aren't there yet. But golly gosh I'm excited. :p

It should be to anyone who is a fan of m42 really, because that's all I'm going to use mine for :p

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the prototype:
http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20150212_688027.html

- articulate screen
- no flash
- fixed focal lenses will come (of course)
- resolution enhancement via SR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks quite thick and bulky.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far to late in coming and personally not going back to Pentax/Ricoh when I am now invested in Sony a6000 & a7 ii and soon a9.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure fair enough.

But look at the mirror box. It looks huuuuuuuuuuge! Cool

Wish they'd fook the articulated screen off and make it thinner... but still. A camera that will play with my M42 lenses with a decent viewfinder. Yes please.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
sure fair enough.

But look at the mirror box. It looks huuuuuuuuuuge! Cool

Wish they'd fook the articulated screen off and make it thinner... but still. A camera that will play with my M42 lenses with a decent viewfinder. Yes please.

My Canon 6D does that fine already Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True... I hardly think this 10yr late Pentax will be breaking any records here Razz

Doesn't one still have to be careful with certain lens on the 6D fouling the mirror?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure have a 1st generation looks. Let's hope the sensor is great then the world of full frame will be more interesting and in the long run better for us consumers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who have a bunch of nice manual Pentax-A glass, that's amazing news.
For others, it's merely interesting.

Will that be a stabilized sensor? That would be quite nice.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Will that be a stabilized sensor? That would be quite nice.

I think the sensor will be stabilized as they never made any lens with in-lens stabilizer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, stabilized sensor.
Probably 36 MP.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this means Pentax will need to release a bunch of full frame lenses? Could be an expensive move for Pentax...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have to get into the market eventually,its a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't. Better late than never perhaps?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'm a tragic pentax fanboy or anything....... But they appear to be doing just that.

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens/images/K_Mount_Lens.pdf

The nerds have money on them being;

24-70 f2.8
28-105 f4
16-30 f2.8

I'm ready with my 24, 35, 50, 105, 135, 200 Super Taks Razz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What price do you think they will hit us with down here in OZ,now the dollar has "tanked"?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
Not that I'm a tragic pentax fanboy or anything....... But they appear to be doing just that.

Good stuff. I like that manufacturers are starting to produce roadmaps now Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax seem to be aggressive in price.., but if it has that 32mp Sony sensory surly its got to be up there with the price of the Mk3's and D800's . What are they worth , $2.5k? The APS K3 was what $1.5k when it was released?

Having said all that, I've been seeing K5's for $300... Pretty sure that's where I'd end up if my K10 explodes tomorrow morning (sif it will Razz )

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
tromboads wrote:

Good stuff. I like that manufacturers are starting to produce roadmaps now Smile

If nothing else for the internet to fap on about Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:

Why start rumours yourself when the manufacturers do it for you? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a reasonable price range,I would have to stop buying lenses though and save Laughing I have seen the K10 still "trying" to be sold around the $300-500 range...keep it as an investment Cool Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
tromboads wrote:

Why start rumours yourself when the manufacturers do it for you? Laughing

Touche' Razz

mo wrote:
That would be a reasonable price range,I would have to stop buying lenses though and save Laughing I have seen the K10 still "trying" to be sold around the $300-500 range...keep it as an investment

Fashion is a silly thing. Looking at those k5's I was quoting (pentax forums) one of them has like 1000 shutter presses Laughing Bloody hell. It's brand new.