Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik to re-release Trioplan 100mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Meyer-Optik to re-release Trioplan 100mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Yes, quite a WTF, but if I understand this correctly, Meyer-Optik will re-release the Trioplan 100mm f/2.8:

http://www.meyer-optik-goerlitz.de/de/trioplan-f28-100-mm/

(Google translate to English)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been here posted already a couple of days/weeks ago

Anyway, an experienced friend of mine believes it will neither affect old lens value (prices) nor they achieve the same optic quality and style of drawing

Also it will be probably expensive, yet interesting to watch what will happen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Meyer-Optik to re-release Trioplan 100mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
Yes, quite a WTF, but if I understand this correctly, Meyer-Optik will re-release the Trioplan 100mm f/2.8:

http://www.meyer-optik-goerlitz.de/de/trioplan-f28-100-mm/

(Google translate to English)

I was expecting that you happen from that company and seeing how much demand for that special bokeh is in the market.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't realise the company still exist. Is it the same old company or is this a new company that bought over the old and thus having the right to use the name?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Been here posted already a couple of days/weeks ago

Sorry about the re-post, I tried searching for it before posting but did not find it, but now I see it's posted in a more general Meyer-Optik resurrection thread.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:

Anyway, an experienced friend of mine believes it will neither affect old lens value (prices) nor they achieve the same optic quality and style of drawing

If it doesn't achieve the same character, then I'd say they've failed completely in their own stated goal. But if we assume that it will have the same character, then I guess the price of the lens will determine effect on the vintage Trioplans. At least the more expensive vintage lenses will probably not fetch the same price anymore as those with money to spend can rather get the new one than risk getting a defective one from eBay.

Oh well, fortunately I managed to get the old Trioplan when it was still well under €100…

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
Marek wrote:

If it doesn't achieve the same character, then I'd say they've failed completely in their own stated goal. But if we assume that it will have the same character, then I guess the price of the lens will determine effect on the vintage Trioplans. At least the more expensive vintage lenses will probably not fetch the same price anymore as those with money to spend can rather get the new one than risk getting a defective one from eBay.

Oh well, fortunately I managed to get the old Trioplan when it was still well under €100…

This rule didn't affect Helios-40. Since the "new" Helios-40, price of the old ones didn't decreased, even if now, old and new ones are at the same price.
So I believe it will be the same with Trioplan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difference beteween supply and demand of Trioplan 100 (as well as a certain aura) is so high that I actually believe this watcky guy catching falling tree has bigger chances than people believing in significant price drop

No matter if new-age Triopan is good, bad, oldschool, modern, expensive or cheap etc. (as it certainly won't be cheap)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I sold mine then Smile Got £310.00 for it. Priced right, and made available, a new batch of lenses should reduce the cost of those on the 2nd hand market.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The popularity of this lens continues to elude me. I can remember seeing only one picture with this 'bubble bokeh' that I thought was good.

To be honest, I'd rather see them put the Trioplan's sucessor the Pentacon 2.8/100 back into production, it was a far better lens and with modern coatings would be well worth having.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
The popularity of this lens continues to elude me. I can remember seeing only one picture with this 'bubble bokeh' that I thought was good.

To be honest, I'd rather see them put the Trioplan's sucessor the Pentacon 2.8/100 back into production, it was a far better lens and with modern coatings would be well worth having.

The beauty obviously lies in the eye of the beholder. As for me, Pentacons belongs right into rubbish can Smile Of course I used amplification but I mean different appetites are absolutely fine. The beauty also lies in differences and different preferences of people.

What I certainly do not find rational is to look for bubbles only through having Trioplan (or Primoplan) as I am discovering other and other (not only) Meyer lenses behaving very same way, often being a total cheapos just because nobody knows it. That if find irrational and therefore a bit dumb and also money-wasting. I also value some other Meyer lenses' bokeh higher. Thus, from this point of view, I totally agree with you.

Anyway, is "must-having" Biotar 75 any more rational than Trioplan 100? Probably the same case. I mean Trioplan is far from being alone in this God-like karma around a lens.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I really like the Pentacon 100mm Smile I would prefer a preset Meyer version though, obvs!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current Meyer Gorlitz has nothing to do with the old manufacturer of lenses.
Seeing lens prices which they were presented as new lenses (actually Helios and Mitakon lenses), the new Trioplan will likely be at a very high price. I do not think it will affect prices of the old true Trioplan.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
... as I am discovering other and other (not only) Meyer lenses behaving very same way, often being a total cheapos just because nobody knows it. ....

Some cheapos (not Meyer ) examples ? We keep secret Smile Shocked Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edri wrote:
Marek wrote:
... as I am discovering other and other (not only) Meyer lenses behaving very same way, often being a total cheapos just because nobody knows it. ....

Try a Domiplan Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
edri wrote:
Marek wrote:

Try a Domiplan Smile

Or an Oreston with a carefully selected 2x tele-converter. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreston and Domiplan not count, they are Meyer so I will not keep this secret. Smile
Secret not Meyer alternatives Question Shocked Surprised

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinheil Culminar 85/2.8 VL

http://forum.mflenses.com/bokeh-rings-t69772.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

250euro for Culminar, it is not cheap.

But if the new Trioplan would be at that price it would be cheaper.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culminar, Trioplan, simple triplets.

There are vast numbers of dirt cheap 2.8/85 triplet projection lenses out there.

Seeing as people just want trioplans to shoot wide open looking for silly bubble nonsense....

Why not buy a projector lens and save a small fortune?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because result is not same Ian, Trioplan 100 in proper light and hands perform different than other triplets.