Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 50/2.0 1936 Contax RF mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 50/2.0 1936 Contax RF mount Reply with quote

I've been doing a bit of early spring cleaning lately, selling off lenses that I just don't use and buying just a few that I want to try. Almost all of the new acquisitions are LTM lenses but when I saw this lens, with bidding under $10 US, I just had to try for it to put up next to my 50/1.5 Sonnar as a set.

Like most Ebay auctions the last minute bidding drove it up. Good-bye daydreams of $10 Zeiss, but the final price was only $53 so I still think I made out all right.

It came in today's mail and it's in great shape. Clean glass with only miniscule cleaning marks. A little oil on the blades but the aperture turns easily.

And it is collapsible.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you did very well!

What are you using as an adapter?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the question !
My helios 103 is waiting in a drawer .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIQUE-Contax-RF-Nikon-S-Mount-to-Sony-NEX-E-Mount-Adapter-GIFT-FAST-Lens-/361221120168?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item541a74e0a8

It is 1/3 the price of the competition and comes with a free Industar 61.