Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 40
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Helios 40 Reply with quote

I've finally decided to buy this fat russian lens Laughing

I'm actually just wondering how the new production Helios-40-2 compare to the old black version and to the oldest silver ones.

The question is simple since I've had a couple of russian lenses from the 80's and their oldest counterpart (50's and 60's) are way better (so far I've tried a jupiter-12, jupiter-9 and jupiter-8 and all the oldest are better performers) but don't have any experience with the new productions...

Wonder if anyone bought the latest Helios-40-2 Question

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have the old silver version and the black Cyclop, and the Helios is just slightly sharper than the cyclop wide open in center, but also renders a warm tone compared to the cooler tone of cyclop. Cyclop should be identical to the 40-2 after what I know. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

about the new version

this one
http://www.ebay.it/itm/151319115755?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the silver Helios 40 and the Cyclop but I like the Cyclop more (I'm not really into the warm color cast of the Helios).