Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 9 MC Disassembly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Jupiter 9 MC Disassembly Reply with quote

Hey All,

I have a late model Jupiter 9 that someone disassembled and then rethreaded incorrectly. When at the hard stop for infinity (which does reach infinity) the DoF scale reads 10m. Trying to find a disassembly guide for it on the web, but so far no luck. Everyone seems to say "It is really hard, and you will probably get the wrong starting point" which this guy did. But nobody has any real advice on how to proceed. Besides just starting to take out screws, any suggestions?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion, if its working rather leave it. if its been worked on already, you can never be sure what the person before you did and you could just land up having a paperweight!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Layer-cake wrote:
in my opinion, if its working rather leave it. if its been worked on already, you can never be sure what the person before you did and you could just land up having a paperweight!

Thats ok if you are using a mirorless but if you are using it on a film camera the rangefinder cam may also be out of sync. Its a fairly expensive lens and may be worth having it looked at - if you are using it on a film camera.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed I didn't even consider that

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Jupiter 9 MC Disassembly Reply with quote

Cruzan80 wrote:
Hey All,

I have a late model Jupiter 9 that someone disassembled and then rethreaded incorrectly. When at the hard stop for infinity (which does reach infinity) the DoF scale reads 10m. Trying to find a disassembly guide for it on the web, but so far no luck. Everyone seems to say "It is really hard, and you will probably get the wrong starting point" which this guy did. But nobody has any real advice on how to proceed. Besides just starting to take out screws, any suggestions?

Is it the SLR version? or the RF version?
It's possible the focus ring has just slipped some, if you see about 3 grub screws around the focus ring, just loosen them a bit, turn the focus ring so the infinity mark and infinity match, then tighten them, just use caution, as I have had one of the ears break on the grub screw, which just complicates things.