Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica 50 Summicron-M V4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Leica 50 Summicron-M V4 Reply with quote

Was looking for a three to add a sample to but could not find one for this great tiny lens:

Aluxy by unoh7, on Flickr
That's it on the left. V4 tabbed. The modern pre-apo V4 optics come in many styles.
yesterday:

DSC00633 by unoh7, on A7.Mod around f/4

Please add you favorite 50 cron samples and I will dig up some more. This lens can be found for about 90USD and shoots well on all A7 cameras Smile

On A7r wide open:

50 cron by unoh7, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some serious pop there (the last one). Seems to be a great lens, worthy of looking into. But 90 USD?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Leica 50 Summicron-M V4 Reply with quote

LOL opps left out a zero Smile

on M9:

Yellow RIdge by unoh7, on Flickr

Last edited by uhoh7 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Leica 50 Summicron-M V4 Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:
LOL opps left out a zero Smile

Thanks for clearing up, my bloodpreasure was at three time of Your first named pice! Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably someone in here has actually found one for only 90 bucks LOL

In recent lens tests by Roger at Lens rentals this lens smoked most 50s, including the highly regarded zeiss Planar ZM50/2. Only the 50 Lux asph and the new 8k 50 cron app beat this little lens.

L1022399 by unoh7, M9 50Cron wide open.

I never go into the backcountry without it. Smile

another wide open shot:

Gilmour by unoh7, on Flickr

It's something like 150 grams or even less in this 80s build. I don't think any of Mandler's lenses have so dominated the RF scene and been such a benchmark for all 50s as this one.

Here you can see it mounted on the M9 which just loves the lens.

DSC02128 by unoh7, on Flickr
That's the classic Nikkor 50/1.4 AIS on the FM beside.

Again on the M9:

L1014254 by unoh7, on Flickr
Incredible fidelity corner to corner.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very nice lens. And US$ 900,- is not too bad a price, really. They go for some serious money.

If someone offered me that lens for 90 bucks, I would buy ten of them. Wink