Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Golden Industar as fake Jena Sonnar 5cm :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Golden Industar as fake Jena Sonnar 5cm :) Reply with quote

Never seen such strange mutant before Click here to see on Ebay.de

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!

I like ti so much.

Brass and glass, an old way

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a fake made from an industar to me.
is it real?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one of these on Ebay US a month or so ago, only that one was identified as an Industar conversion in the description, so I guess you couldn't call it a fake, just a curiosity.

Anyway, I thought the Industars were Tessars, not Sonnars. Guess if you are going to pretend it is a Zeiss you can pretend it is a Sonnar. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newst wrote:
I saw one of these on Ebay US a month or so ago, only that one was identified as an Industar conversion in the description, so I guess you couldn't call it a fake, just a curiosity.

Anyway, I thought the Industars were Tessars, not Sonnars. Guess if you are going to pretend it is a Zeiss you can pretend it is a Sonnar. Laughing

You could call it a fake, because it's not a Zeiss lens and not even a copy of one, But you couldn't call it a forgery because its not a copy of a real one being passed on as the genuine article.

fakes and forgeries are different things.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is intriging me there is that it's noted as M42 lens, whereas it's RF version of Industar...