Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony A7 - Whats wrong with the pictures?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Sony A7 - Whats wrong with the pictures? Reply with quote

Both pictures are taken at the same time. The crops are a bit inconsistent but it shows from the top to the bottom of the picture.

Can someone explain the yellow cast/line/thing?! Looks like the white balance is off in a part of the picture... it's under fluorescent, but never seen anything like it. Taken a lot of pics in this room before without that problem.

What's weird is that the yellow is in the bottom on pic 1 and in the top on pic 2... :/

Can I trus this camera? Smile

ISO 6400.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which lens?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

99% Sure it's with Pentax FA 43. kiwi adapter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it perhaps 'strobing'?

Fluorescent lights flash at a certain frequency, if your shutter speed was at the same speed as the frequency of the lights it could cause this problem. The Sony has a vertical shutter, the colouring is consistent with that.

I'm no expert on frequencies or what shutter speed could cause this interference, but I have seen similar before. I've had it happen on video with fluorescents and LED's.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer.

It sounds reasonable. Had too short shutter speed when shooting, that probably made it worse.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electricity in Europe has 50 oscillations per second. Therefore shutter speeds that can not be divided and multiplied at 50 and result in whole numbers cause flickering on film and partially illuminated individual images. Led light bulbs as opposed to incandescent bulbs that have a delay which smooths out fluctuations goes on and off 50 times per second. Many LED bulbs have their own control which strikes 120 times per second.

So there is probably nothing to worry about as this is a well known challenge for both stills and video Wink