Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lorna at RAF Croft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject: Lorna at RAF Croft Reply with quote

These were taken at RAF Croft. A WW2 base near where I live in Warrington. It has been sold and as far as I know been demolished since these photos were taken in 2009.

Lorna was a neighbour, and one day over a bottle of wine or three I said I'd like to photograph her at Croft. I had some images in mind. She agreed and we made arrangements to go there the following morning. Next day I asked her if she remembered. Yes and she's already packed her bags with a change of outfits. I got my gear and some props and off we went. It was a half hour walk to this derelict airbase and the remains of our hangover went. Lorna was about 50 when these pics were taken. She's one of those women with a natural beauty and loved being my model. here are a selection of images. Both natural and PP'd.

When you're doing this, have fun. We certainly did that day.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice: Both the model and the shooting. A lot of fun too, I reckon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you had a terrific time! I especially like the one with the microphone and the red polka dot dress in 3/4 profile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was great fun. The mic was a prop I brought for the theatre shot. I asked if she would pose. She sang about 5 songs - I couldnt stop her!
Lorna was really up for it. and if there wasnt another photog prowling about who knows what else we could have pictured.

For me doing this is about fun. Not formulaic plastic shots of an overly made-up model. My model was a sexy, young, 49 year old model, not just a 49 year old model.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She will be beautiful and vibrant when she's 80! Her playful, energetic personality really shines through - every woman should be so lucky as to project those qualities, regardless of age. And to have a photographer who can capture them!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your nice comment.

The sad thing is that Lorna refuses to look at the photos. Probably a confidence thing. We've lost touch now. So sad.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is sad!

I saw another series you did with a friend of yours who is a singer or musician who you mentioned also had confidence issues with her body. She was also lovely. It is a shame that in this day and age, the definition of beauty is so narrow. Curvy, mature women rarely get captured on film - kudos to you for doing it and helping them to feel good about themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJB wrote:
That is sad!

I saw another series you did with a friend of yours who is a singer or musician who you mentioned also had confidence issues with her body. She was also lovely. It is a shame that in this day and age, the definition of beauty is so narrow. Curvy, mature women rarely get captured on film - kudos to you for doing it and helping them to feel good about themselves.

Thank you. Zuzana asked me to take the pics for her - rather than the other way round, so a big difference between the two sessions but I made it fun. We spent all day changing her outfit and making up silly props and poses. She loved it. Although she was a little shy when she saw the photos, specially the photoshopped ones and the ones showing her cleavage. Positive comments from her delighted husband and some encouragement and they started appearing on facebook. We went outside to take some of her in the woods. Nice ones but they lacked the spark and sense of fun. So none of them were ever used.

link to Zuzana's photos

http://forum.mflenses.com/zuzana-dealing-with-a-nervous-model-home-studio-photos-t69857.html