Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RS Photographic Ltd UK -- Avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very useful topic, many people who like to take photos will be grateful to you!

Last edited by Jackjones1337 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: RS Photographic Ltd UK -- Avoid Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
http://www.rs-photographic.co.uk/

I would recommend to avoid buying from this online store! Mad

I bought a Tamron 20-40mm f2.7-3.5 Nikon mount AF lens this month from RS Photographic for 135 STG inclusive of P and P. I thought it was a good price (although not bargain) for the lens.

Here's an extract of the sale description (also see image below):
"The lens is in very clean condition and is optically free from fungus and scratches, it is in full working order and has been thoroughly tested."

When I got the lens, I was very disappointed to discover that both the front and rear lens elements have fine scratch marks. In particular, the centre of the front lens element had a very faint or cloudy looking round scratch mark. What's more, I found filamentous fungus web in one of the middle of the lens elements. The infection is not severe. Also the rear lens element had been opened before as the retaining ring had sustained damage (paint loss and opening marks). When viewing the lens through a strong background light, you can clearly see that there are multiple fine scratch marks in the inner lens elements as well. This lens was clearly opened before which I presume might t have been to clean off fungus infection.

Whilst I did not expect to purchase an "A+" cleaned/pristine lens, I believe that it is only fair to have a clear description of the lens upfront so that the buyer knows exactly what they are getting.

When I complaint to the seller, I received no apologies, just a short polite sentence to say: "If you are unhappy, please return the item for a full refund."

The question is should I keep it, or based on principles alone, I should get a full refund. Back I will then need to lose money on potage cost sending the lens back!!! Mad

UK consumer law says you should not be out of pocket if you have to return an item. Contact RS and explain exactly why you wish to return it. Back this up with photos of the faults. Ask them to send a return label (that means they're paying for return postage.) The seller is in the UK, even if you aren't they still have to obey UK distance selling regulations.