Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR Macro 55mm f3.5 - some test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject: Konica Hexanon AR Macro 55mm f3.5 - some test shots Reply with quote

I have been reading reviews here on macro lenses and was able to acquire this lens in near pristine condition. I took it for a walk about my neighborhood and am really pleased with the quality of the images. Almost no PP except for some minor cropping and occasional contrast tweaks. All taken between 3.5 and 8. It also is capable at longer distances. I was really pleased to get such a quality lens. It's a keeper. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by JJB on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think the contrast could be better on some of the B&W shots. It could be the sensor from my camera body, rather than the lens. Or my own limitations as a photographer. I have a Konica SLR body and maybe I should run some film through to compare.

Thank you for your feedback. I am here to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few non-macro pictures taken on a trail at Palo Alto, California.
Same lens, adapted on NEX 5N.

Oak 1 by B Zhou, on Flickr

Oak 2 by B Zhou, on Flickr

Equestians by B Zhou, on Flickr

Oak 3 by B Zhou, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good lens, I sadly don't have much uploaded from it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightshow-photography/tags/konica5535macro/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing those distance shots! I like the image quality.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, Judy. First picture real nice. Is that a late '40s Chevy pick-up? Nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Looks good, Judy. First picture real nice. Is that a late '40s Chevy pick-up? Nice.

Not sure on the particulars of the truck. I saw it parked at an apartment complex one day. If I see it again, I'll take a closer look.