Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help identifying this mount please?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Help identifying this mount please? Reply with quote

I'm almost 100% certain that it's Konica AR but since I have no other AR stuff I can't test. I got if for real cheap off of eBay, seller didn't know what kind of mount it was (I saw MC on the lens and thought it was Minolta). Just want to confirm before I order and adapter.

Really wish it'd mount to my Canon DSLRs, but I understand that there's a focus problem with AR lenses due to flange distance. I can always use it on my mirrorless NEX 5N but it's rather chunky, was really wanting to use it as a general purpose video lens for my Canons Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica AR.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tab that sticks in at the upper left in the second picture is a telltale sign of Konica AR.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying this mount please? Reply with quote

drmoreau wrote:
I saw MC on the lens and thought it was Minolta

MC is usually multi-coated, and not indicative of the mount..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Help identifying this mount please? Reply with quote

GeorgeSalt wrote:
drmoreau wrote:
I saw MC on the lens and thought it was Minolta

MC is usually multi-coated, and not indicative of the mount..

The cut out in the flange is always confusing. But the Konica mount has it more centrally placed that the Minolta. Also the Minolta has meter couplings attached to the aperture ring.

MC on the front of the lens would always indicate Multi Coated, Some Minolta fit may have MC engraved somewhere but that would always be on the fitting end of the camera.

I never noticed the Konica AR had that little tab. Interesting.