Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 103. Can I convert it to LTM?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Helios 103. Can I convert it to LTM? Reply with quote

I know that lens blocks can be transfered to other lens mounts and I was wondering if there was a chance that the Helios 103 can done like this. I have quite a few soviet LTM lenses but prefer the Helios 103. I'm happy for any of my Industars acting as host.

Helios 103 is only available in the Contax/Kiev mount.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The back element block is the problem. The inexpensive Soviet LTM bodies (like the Industar 61 or Jupiter 8 ) simply can't accommodate it. Maybe the J3 body could? I doubt it will just screw right in though so then you'll be left with modding a more expensive lens to use a cheaper one...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt consider modding a J3 if I had one but I have almost every other type that I could use. I have made an adapter to use on my NEX but I'd just love to use it on a rangefinder camera.

I did see an adaptation of this lens but don't know where. I guess the focusing body had been home made.