Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Part of which unknown lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Part of which unknown lens? Reply with quote

This part has a mirror at the bottom, facing inside the lens.
On the other side of the mirror there is an inscription:
FAX ROKKOR F4.5/150mm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a part of a lens, but the complete lens.
With the mirror the image is reflected back through the lens, and so the lens is kind of doubled!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
This is not a part of a lens, but the complete lens.
With the mirror the image is reflected back through the lens, and so the lens is kind of doubled!

i don`t believe this is complete lens

Maybe this is part of a mirror lens?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, it was never designed for photography, but is a technical lens used possibly in scanning, I don't know if the mirror part is removable.
It is most definitely not from a photography "mirror lens".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what is FAX machine? Old technology for sending documents over phone land lines. Look in wikipedia.

The lens is from FAX machine. In first photo I would unscrew that ring -- the mirror might be removed. If so, you will have a 4.5/150 for use with bellows.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mirror was probably for setting the focus in the machine, then removed for use.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Applied Photographics Optics" by Sidney F. Ray:
p.378 / 41.3.1 Electrophotography
"..A novel approach in office copiers is the use of a catdioprtric lenses formed from one half of a symmetrical lens plus a miror. The symmetry of the optical layout allows the half-lens to have a dual imaging role, and costs are reduced."

For such applications is is possible to make very simple lenses. Only the half of a lens needed -> half cost for lenses and manufacturing + a plane surface mirror.
For pure refractive work without the mirror the lens will be bad - relative to that what it is with the mirror and use of designed distances.