Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar f/1.4 50mm on Canon 60d
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Super Takumar f/1.4 50mm on Canon 60d Reply with quote

I already posted some of this in the best of lenses corner, but damn, I really love my Super Taks Very Happy

Fungi in my garden:

Garden furniture with a bit of PP

Alternate version

This tickled me somehow:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on a Takumar kick again, I keep going back to them. I haven't got the 50 / 1.4 - yet Rolling Eyes - but I probably will.

Excellent pictures, I like the colour garden seat picture especially, the colours are lovely, very natural Takumar colour.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the great lenses for sure.
Is it the seven or eight element version?
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I'm on a Takumar kick again, I keep going back to them. I haven't got the 50 / 1.4 - yet Rolling Eyes - but I probably will.

Excellent pictures, I like the colour garden seat picture especially, the colours are lovely, very natural Takumar colour.

Thanks! Yeah I live the colour rendering. It's natural but warm. My theory is that the coating is influenced by the quality of light in the country that originated the design. And Japan has some very nice natural light Smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
OH

I have no idea! How can I check? Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't check.. just forget.. forget all about it. and use it Razz

It's better not knowing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
OH

The easiest way is to locate the position of the IR mark on the depth of field scale just forward of the aperture ring.
The eight element version has the red IR mark just to the right of the 4. The seven element version has the red IR mark to the left of the 4.
This is the eight element version
OH

PS The difference is academic - Daniel is right just use it and enjoy the results.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love close-up photography. Nicely done!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
rudolfkremers wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
OH

The easiest way is to locate the position of the IR mark on the depth of field scale just forward of the aperture ring.
The eight element version has the red IR mark just to the right of the 4. The seven element version has the red IR mark to the left of the 4.
OH

PS The difference is academic - Daniel is right just use it and enjoy the results.
OH

Mine is the 7 elements version then. Smile
And yes, I am happy regardless. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
rudolfkremers wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
OH

OH

OH

Mine is the 7 elements version then. Smile
And yes, I am happy regardless. Smile

I think that it is very difficult to tell apart the results from each.
The eight element lens was only made for a short time and the vast majority of these lenses are seven element designs.
Beautiful Takumar rendering and colours.
A lens for warm results I have found
OH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

The eight element lens was only made for a short time and the vast majority of these lenses are seven element designs.
OH

Especially from the yellowed radioactive ones Wink

I like a lot of lenses, they all have their own character and quirks, but something about the Takumars just speaks to me, plus the wonderful build quality. I currently own a 28mm f/3.5, 35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.4 , 55mm f/1.8 (Auto AND Super Tak versions), the v.2 105mm f/2.5, 135mm f/3.5, 135mm f/2.5 and 200mm.

I would love to own a 85mm and fisheye too but they ain't cheap!
. Maybe the 150mm, but I'm not too fussed about that one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

OH

I like a lot of lenses, they all have their own character and quirks, but something about the Takumars just speaks to me, plus the wonderful build quality. I currently own a 28mm f/3.5, 35mm f/2.0, 50mm f/1.4 , 55mm f/1.8 (Auto AND Super Tak versions), the v.2 105mm f/2.5, 135mm f/3.5, 135mm f/2.5 and 200mm.

The 1.9/85 can be found usually cheaper than the 1.8/85 and it is an excellent lens.
You have a fine collection
OH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the 150mm f4 and sold it because it was just... well it was the same length as the 138 (in physical size) so that was nice, but the little bit of extra reach on the 200mm won me over.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
rudolfkremers wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

OH

The 1.9/85 can be found usually cheaper than the 1.8/85 and it is an excellent lens.
OH

Hahah It's not been long since I joined this forum and bought my first two manual lenses. Look at me now!

What is a fair price in your opinion for the 1.9/85? I do crave it...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
rudolfkremers wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

OH

OH

Hahah It's not been long since I joined this forum and bought my first two manual lenses. Look at me now!

Ouch!
I just had a look at sold listings on Ebay and there is little difference between the prices for 1.9 and 1.8 Taks.
When I bought mine they were significantly different and the 1.9/85 was around $100 cheaper from memory.
The range now seems to be around AU$ 150 up to the high $400's
Gosh, they have gotten expensive.
For those prices, the Samyang 1.4/85 looks like a bargain
OH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
I had the 150mm f4 and sold it because it was just... well it was the same length as the 138 (in physical size) so that was nice, but the little bit of extra reach on the 200mm won me over.

Yeah, I may get it one day for completist reasons, if I get it cheap, but I have no real need. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
rudolfkremers wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
rudolfkremers wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

OH

OH

Ouch!
I just had a look at sold listings on Ebay and there is little difference between the prices for 1.9 and 1.8 Taks.
When I bought mine they were significantly different and the 1.9/85 was around $100 cheaper from memory.
OH

That is exactly why I haven't bought it. Most better known 85mm are very expensive now. I got a good deal on a Biometar (P6) and I like it a lot, but I would like my 85mm Tak damnit!! I do like the Samyang, but I wish it had more character...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
rudolfkremers wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
rudolfkremers wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

OH

OH

Ouch!
OH

That is exactly why I haven't bought it. Most better known 85mm are very expensive now. I got a good deal on a Biometar (P6) and I like it a lot, but I would like my 85mm Tak damnit!! I do like the Samyang, but I wish it had more character...

The Biometar is excellent, but it does not have the warmth of the Takumar, and I think (personal opinion) that the Takumar's bokeh is smoother
OH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I agree, but I could not afford the 85mm Tak Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more fun with this lens. I think I rather like photographing pets.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two copies of the 50 1.4 both are wonderful. There is real lens character produced by these lenses. Love the build quality in Taks.