Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar 35mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has nothing to do with a Tessar design.
A Tessar has 4 elements in 3 groups. The last group is the only group.
Where did you get this information about the SMC coating which would not apply to the front lens? Don't you confuse with radioctivity due to Thorium on the rear element of some Super Tak.

The information I had is that some Super Tak have already the multicoating without being marketed as SMC: some Super Tak are not single coated. The Tak are single coated.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
This lens has nothing to do with a Tessar design.
A Tessar has 4 elements in 3 groups. The last group is the only group.
Where did you get this information about the SMC coating which would not apply to the front lens? Don't you confuse with radioctivity due to Thorium on the rear element of some Super Tak.

The information I had is that some Super Tak have already the multicoating without being marketed as SMC: some Super Tak are not single coated. The Tak are single coated.

First off, as to the design I said it was Tessar-based. If you look at an optical diagram, you will see that this lens is unmistakably a Tessar with the addition of a strong negative element at the front. As to the SMC coating, that comes from Gerjan van Oosten's book (The Ultimate Asahi Pentax Screwmount Guide); he is the expert, and so I would consider his information (which is specific to this lens and this lens only--my suspicion being that the early SMC could not properly coat such a strongly curved element) authoritative.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not understand that the coating issue was limited to this lens.
About the Tessar design , I have always seen it in relation with 3 elements design the last being replaced by a group ( Novar vs Tessar) . But I am not an optic ingineer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I've heard, think it's from asahiflex on pentaxforums. The SMC 35 has one layer of the modern SMC coating. It looks like it has the modern coating on mine at least, older coatings have another color.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating the thread with some more shots taken with the lens on Nex, f3.5-f5.6.

#2 A 100% unprocessed crop from the previous

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Very crisp shots alex Like 1 . One of my favourite lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics, of course.

How do you compare the 3,5/35 Pentax and the Minolta MD 2,8/35?

Both very good lenses, I guess.

Which to buy?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The popular meme is, of course, "Why not both? Both is good!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist, Oldhand, Papasito, thank you for your appreciation!

I don't have a 35mm Minolta, only a 3.5/28 which is also very sharp with great microcontrast. It could be an interesting test to do, even though not a purist one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
The popular meme is, of course, "Why not both? Both is good!"

Why?

Well. I'm fighting with myself. Want yo hace only one lens wide angle, one normal and one short tele.

No more a lot of lenses

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:

Which to buy?

If you want to use them for landscape images, i can make a quite comparison, but only next Tue or Wed (i'm not at home at the moment). Don't hesitate to remind me via PM if i should forget it!!

S

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
papasito wrote:

Which to buy?

If you want to use them for landscape images, i can make a quite comparison, but only next Tue or Wed (i'm not at home at the moment). Don't hesitate to remind me via PM if i should forget it!!

S

Ohhhh.

Thank you,, very much.

Of course, the landscapes are in the center of my interest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A close up converted in black and white, at around f4 (the lens has two intermediate clicks between f3.5 and f5.6)