Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trouble disassembling Super Takumar 55mm f2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Trouble disassembling Super Takumar 55mm f2 Reply with quote

I got the nameplate off, then unscrewed the front group, unscrewed some ring, then the back group comes off. The front group screws into the back one and both are held to the body by that ring. Now I can't see any way to take off the filter ring and proceed with the disassembly. I suspect it's also threaded, but I'm not to keen on forcing it if there is something else I'm missing. I did remove the three tiny screws that hold the DoF scale ring and it now rotates freely.

EDIT: can't seem to attach a picture

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Trouble disassembling Super Takumar 55mm f2 Reply with quote

tanner wrote:
I got the nameplate off, then unscrewed the front group, unscrewed some ring, then the back group comes off. The front group screws into the back one and both are held to the body by that ring. Now I can't see any way to take off the filter ring and proceed with the disassembly. I suspect it's also threaded, but I'm not to keen on forcing it if there is something else I'm missing. I did remove the three tiny screws that hold the DoF scale ring and it now rotates freely.

EDIT: can't seem to attach a picture

the pic's don't show in the first post, it's an anti spam measure.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, I figured it out. The filter ring is indeed screwed down. I dripped some acetone in the thread. It lays helplessly disected now Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome tanner!