Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Staeble telexon 90mm 5.6 for arette
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Staeble telexon 90mm 5.6 for arette Reply with quote

I got this little gem on a whim after viewing Nordentro's 85mm photos (despite Luisalegria's admonition of softness) This is the Arette version which is a bit of an odd Bob. The mount is definitely a puzzle to me. Even after viewing BigDawgs post of the camera and lens. Its clear that the base has a notch that fits onto a post on the camera but I am unsure how the locking ring functions. It doesn't look to me as though there are threads on the inside of the locking ring but its possible. The gap between the locking ring and lens base is extremely thin. I can't see any threads but, as I say it is possible. Helpful hints appreciated. Anyway I took it out to try it just freelensing. I thought the results were good enough to warrant efforts for a real mount (non destructive) if I can figure out how to do it. I'll try to get someshots of the lens when I get a chance Some samples:

100% crop

100%crop

I thought for a late 1950's vintage lens it was plenty sharp. Seems to have great 3D pop and the colors are fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another shot from this lens. Sun was coming thru the patio cover and thru the window. Straight from the camera. This was taken with extension tubes and using a robot nex adapter plus blue tak. I really like the rendering and I am amazed at how sharp it is.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Paxette version and mine is pretty bad, soft and contrastless. Yours looks better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I have that too and mine is pretty sharp also!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Anybody have the Arette BW that this thing fits?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Akerelle / Akarette fitting. The male screw is on the body, there is a 36 or 37mm female thread on the lens. Hardly visible, but it locks pretty tight - that's what the 'loose' ring is. The Braun version is 85mm which I have. Performs pretty well though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results! Better than mine Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3D pop is there!