Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon 1.4/57 EE AR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Konica Hexanon 1.4/57 EE AR Reply with quote

Panasonic G1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, these are beautiful images - especially the first and last! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never tried one of these, colour is really good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistake... Konica is still inexpensive and close to top.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Attila, this 1.4/57 is a wonderful lens, I prefer it to the later 1.4/50 as it has more vintage character to it's images. Not hard to find and still cheap compared to other 1.4 lenses of the same level (of which there are not many).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last pic is my fave, great results with the 57!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it convertable to EOS? Or does it have the same short rear lens to sensor distance as the 57/1.2?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely images. The processing and size prevent me from judging correctly but it looks almost as good than my Hexanon AR AE 50/1.7 Smile

Happy shots!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8310 wrote:
Is it convertable to EOS? Or does it have the same short rear lens to sensor distance as the 57/1.2?

No.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8310 wrote:

The film to flange distance (register) of the K/AR mount is 40.5mm. With the exception of the Alpa mount, this was the shortest SLR film to flange distance in the business. All Konica Hexanon SLR lenses are in this mount (actually, there was an earlier Konica mount, but its film to flange distance is identical).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder Lens wrote:
I agree that the 57 has its own flavor of rendering, that lacking in character quality though is more evident in the Hex 50 1.7 and I consider the 50 1.4 a compromise lens between the (overblown) sharp of the 1.7 and the pleasing character quality of the 57. The 1.7 may be the sharpest, but it's not the best as long as there are people preferring the pleasing rendering of the 57.... if you have either 1.4, you won't need the 1.7 or get around to using it much either...$30 is what they give for one today so you figure?

All those lenses have their own character and serve their purpose admirably. Sharpness just happens to be the criterion that most people judge a lens by, and the 50/1.7 is one of the sharpest 50s out there. Yes, that's simplistic, but so it is in my experience. The reason this particular lens is so cheap (all Hexanons are still relatively cheap, as Attila already pointed out) is that the sharpest of Hexanons standard lenses was also the most common one between 1973 and 1981. By far.
Incidentally, your 50/1.4 is the second, compact, version (made from 1978). The 50/1.7 was also made in two versions (from 1973 and from 1976), the first of which is more pleasing character-wise (and usually sharper too).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder Lens wrote:
I revised my comments, because this is about the 57 1.4 and the essence of my point was this; if "one" person does not agree with a view, the only facts existing are the fact that there is two opinions...and no facts.

There is no scientific evidence or sources to support or uphold a single alleged fact involving any of these Hex 50's ... makes it all only opinion, not fact.

So to be clear about my Point, as long as others have varying views there is no best of anything.

If I prefer the 57 rendering quality and consider the 50 1.7 plain, that's my opinion, your opinions are not facts either, btw. No mislabeled fact is changing how my eyes see ...what this settles is; to me the 57 is the best lens and to you it's not.

The one thing I'm not worried about is convincing anyone my eyes are right, or being convinced a lens is better just because someone said it was?

If you are reading this, try B&W and see for yourself and then draw your own conclusions? But don't accept any of these opinionated rules rating Hexanon glass as if they are factual and not the opinions they actually are? buhla.de/index.html is a bible for information, not a rating service I would accept

My lens versions shown above have no relevance, and this subjective evaluation or varying versions is largely misinformation intended to convince people of things not actually there and just hyperbole...again opinion. If I see things one way, you another ...what you are is not me then

Wow, you seem to take what I wrote very personally. Take it easy, I just meant to volunteer some information that seemed pertinent to me, and perhaps interesting to others, not to question your right to hold opinions. Please take it as it was meant.
But just for the record, I have used Hexanons for 4 decades now, so I feel my impressions are not based on “being convinced a lens is better just because someone said it was”. I’ve also done much research into them and the info I provided about different versions is not “misinformation” but factual. Moreover, the performance of these lenses has actually been objectively measured in the seventies and eighties, and their reputation is not based on hearsay or “opinionated rules” (whose?).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all the Konica lenses! I shot two small concerts in the last weeks with this one and I love the smoothness of the focus. There are so many great lenses out there and I think sometimes it is more about personal connection (look and feel of the lens, focal length, look of the pictures) which one of the good lenses we prefer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat (Explored, 29-10-2017) by keysersoeze, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great catch of the cat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

56 DIN wrote:
great catch of the cat

thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A7II