Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik Trioplan 75mm 3.5 V
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Meyer-Optik Trioplan 75mm 3.5 V Reply with quote

Anyone knows anything about this lens?

I found adapters to make it adapt on my NEX6, but I can't focus so I guess the adapter is wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a lens and shutter assembly from a folding camera. I can't imagine that anybody could "find" an adapter. You'd have to make one for it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a VNEX system or use adapt it using a helicoid. If there is threads in the lens, you may be able to find an adapter to M42.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you say you can't focus it, it might be from a folding camera indeed, in that case you'll need quite some distance from the lens to the sensor, i did this once as well, it can be done with some bellows to create the needed distance.

The topic about this experiment still exists, unfortunately the pics are gone, i uploaded the to the MFL servers at that time, not on flickr....
http://forum.mflenses.com/rodenstock-trinar-anastigmat-10-5cm-f-4-5-t60245.html

If you're interested i'll see what i can retrieve. (or make new ones on the 5D!)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have one very similar to this, but from a Welta folding camera. I've been thinking I can mount it to the front of a long tele lens absent the glass.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
I too have one very similar to this, but from a Welta folding camera. I've been thinking I can mount it to the front of a long tele lens absent the glass.

The Welta Weltax presumably?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/31046950@N04/5414593630

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Meyer-Optik Trioplan 75mm 3.5 V Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
Anyone knows anything about this lens?

I found adapters to make it adapt on my NEX6, but I can't focus so I guess the adapter is wrong.

As said by the others, this is a lens from a folding camera, so you will have to craft an adapter because you will not be able to find one ready made. The easiest path is to use a Nex to M42 adapter ring and a 36-90mm M42 focusing helicoid like this one:

But there is another issue: as you can see on the pictures, this lens has a built-in leaf shutter, which is normally closed when not activated. It means that no light goes through the lens unless you press the shutter release. As there is no "T" setting on this shutter, in order to frame a picture with your Nex, you will have set the lens shutter on "B", cock the shutter (unless this is a "self-cocking shutter") and press the release lever on the lens. The shutter will close as soon as you let go the release lever. So you will need to keep the lens shutter release lever depressed all the time while you frame and take the picture with the Nex, which is highly unpractical.

The workaround would be to use a locking cable release or to carefully disassemble the shutter in order to remove the blades.

Cheers,

Abbazz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basilisk wrote:
woodrim wrote:

Basically, but the lens has a different shutter - Tempor.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Meyer-Optik Trioplan 75mm 3.5 V Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:

The workaround would be to use a locking cable release or to carefully disassemble the shutter in order to remove the blades.

Yes, I thought the Bulb setting would be how I would do it, but it seems awkward. Removing the shutter will likely be the most practical solution, although I wonder if I can strap a cable tie around the lens to hold the shutter release button in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photos seem to show that the shutter has already been disabled.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:

On the Junior? Doesn't seem so on mine. Here is the rear view:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, the shutter has been disassembled since it was broken. It was disassembled by Marc (the lens cleaner on ebay).

I have something like this at home: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Macro-Extension-Tube-for-SONY-NEX-E-mount-NEX-3-NEX-5N-NEX-C3-NEX-5C-Nex-7-Nex-5-/150892926386?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item2321eb55b2

I can try it tonight.

@TrueLoveOne, can you try to retrieve your stuffs?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
You are right, the shutter has been disassembled since it was broken. It was disassembled by Marc (the lens cleaner on ebay).

I have something like this at home: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Macro-Extension-Tube-for-SONY-NEX-E-mount-NEX-3-NEX-5N-NEX-C3-NEX-5C-Nex-7-Nex-5-/150892926386?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item2321eb55b2

I can try it tonight.

@TrueLoveOne, can you try to retrieve your stuffs?

Marc Jensen may be getting mine to do too. Those extension tubes are only part of the solution. You will need to find the range of minimum to maximum focus distance and also have a helicoid to accomplish focusing.

Last edited by woodrim on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can mount the lens on correct distance you can still use the original frontlens focusing as that is still available?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
If you can mount the lens on correct distance you can still use the original frontlens focusing as that is still available?

I suppose, but wonder what the minimum distance might be. I doubt it is very short, so would like to shorten it up at times... probably more times than not given that the vast majority of my shooting is not at infinity or anywhere near.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Minolfan wrote:

I suppose, but wonder what the minimum distance might be. I doubt it is very short, so would like to shorten it up at times... probably more times than not given that the vast majority of my shooting is not at infinity or anywhere near.

Using a helicoid to move the whole lens might be sharper than use front-cell focusing. You might use the combination of two to get different bokeh. For example, focus the lens at one meter and use the front-cell focus to 0.8 meter. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, you helped get me get the lens working!

My setup is to use a macro tube to push the lens further. It works! But like woodrim said, the focus range is very small, something like 1 meter. I can use the frontlens focusing as it still works. However, to cover a wider range, a helicoid would help. I will order one on ebay to try this out.

Here is a quick sample, indoor low light. I have to try this outdoor...

Resized down to 25% of original size.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim, i'd like to buy a filter and lens cap for this one, do you know the size?

Thanks,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:

for me that's too bad. shutter blades can produce nice effect like this

that's from my http://ihyaahsani.blogspot.com/2014/03/meyer-optik-gorlitz-trioplan-7535.html, different with this lens and woodrim's I guess mine is for Welta TLR.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA, what effect did the shutter blades do? I can't see from the photo your poster.

PS: I had to remove my shutter blades because they were broken (don't move) and they were in weird positions inside the lens. So I decided to remove them instead of repair.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ninja star bokeh in the top centre of the image.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo answered it Smile
for bokeh freak like me, that's nice addition

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! LOL funny bokeh effect indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Basilisk wrote:
woodrim wrote:

Basically, but the lens has a different shutter - Tempor.

I have this camera - minus the lens. ha ha.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens on tubes is a good idea but what I did with one of my old folder lens is glue an M39-M42 ring onto it making it an M42 fit then mount it on one of these focusing helicals. I used an extension tube to get it the right length. now I get infinity.