Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Not quite a DSLR...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Not quite a DSLR... Reply with quote

I'm just wondering if any Cinematography buffs know anything about the Sony DXC-6000P. It's an old "Broadcast" quality camera. I was initially interested in the Optics, but have been offered one fully working, with another for Spares. I have found a few bits of information, but nothing that tells me if it can actually be useful (however good/bad the quality is) today. I can capture a Composite source if needed, and Storage space is not a problem.

All help appreciated, as I know precisely nothing about this kind of thing, other than they were indecently expensive when new.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Betacam, 850 lines of resolution, 2/3 chip

Just rent something newer. You want a classic camera, your much better off shooting film - digital 4K still hasnt beat 35mm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not renting.

It's being offered for sale by the owner of the Former studio it came out of.
It seems to me like very little money, hence I was asking about it. If it is usable, I'll pick it up. I was primarily interested in the optic (Which I have no idea about other than it's removable, and it sounds like it's f1.4), but I'm now curious about the whole thing. I don't really shoot much footage, and what I do is on cheap consumer cameras.

Thanks for the information though, appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about it, but hey if it is cheap enough buy it and learn from it....it may start you on another addiction... Very Happy If it is possible post up your results!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested out my Ensinor 500mm f/8 mirror lens with an adaptor on my Canon DSLR.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is likely to have a very short FFD and possibly not suitable for DSLR's or mirrorless bear that in mind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens will be either B3 or B4 mount, most likely B4. Adapters are available to M4/3 cameras. The lens can be used on a Lumix M4/3 camera for video using the ETC mode.

Some people have converted these lenses to Nikon mount then mounted a Nikon TC-201 teleconverter behind them in order to double the size of the image circle.

Google is your friend here, try something like 'B4 lens M4/3 adapt' and you will find a lot of examples of people using these lenses in various ways.