Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44m-4 /the focus ring is fully unscrewed.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Helios 44m-4 /the focus ring is fully unscrewed. Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I'm new here. I'm from Brazil and I love film cameras.

Recently I won, from my wife a Zenit 11 with a Helios 44m-4. But the focus ring of this lens are completely unscrewed. So I turning the ring and the focus don't change. I tried to find any videos on google but I just found videos about the diaphragm. Anyone knows something about that?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

there is many video of "cleaning" or "disassembly" :

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Helios+44m-4

good luck. I already clean focus ring of an helios 44m, not so hard.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Thebbm,

I will try it tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's down to a couple of micro screws inside the lens casing, I had the same occurence, got it back together again but messed up the aperture in the process-bad eyes ! Still, it was very cheap and I only wanted it for wide open stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 3 screws that secure the focus ring to the helicoid and are typically used for infinity adjustment, they are likely loose, Edit: found a better video, http://youtu.be/VA0H9UZjdos, follow his procedures up to the point he pulls the knife out to remove the optical block Rolling Eyes , the 3 screws you want access to are deep in the gap between the focus ring and optical block.
Tighten then focus till infinity is sharp, then loosen, adjust ring to align with infinity mark, tighten.

Last edited by Lightshow on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyrano wrote:
I think it's down to a couple of micro screws inside the lens casing, I had the same occurence, got it back together again but messed up the aperture in the process-bad eyes ! Still, it was very cheap and I only wanted it for wide open stuff.

How did you mess up the aperture?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
cyrano wrote:

How did you mess up the aperture?

Something to do with a spring piece of metal , I don't know now, I didn't have my glasses and basically I screwed it up. But like I said, it works after a fashion and it was only the cost of a couple of beers or big macs for example. No big deal.