Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What happens in 52 years...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: What happens in 52 years... Reply with quote

My oldest camera and my newest acquisition together on 1 pic.

Both are inspired by the same model. (to put it nicely in case of the FED...) And both have a retractable lens!

Just a quick snap with a Summicron-R 90 on my Fuji.

Last edited by Sjak on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot!

You've got me thinking now about putting together a similar pic -- a shot of my oldest and newest, in terms of build dates. In my case it would be a Canon LTM rangefinder and a NEX 7. With the NEX's eyepiece located in the same general spot as the eyepiece on the Canon, similarities do exist.

I'm not familiar enough with Russian LTMs where I can identify the various models -- is that a Zorki or a Fed? And is that port on the left of the top plate an X-sync PC connector? A handy feature I wish the Canons had.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

There's not much to identify the LTM with anyway. It's a Zorki S ( Зоркий С ) from 1957, with an Industar-22 mounted (50mm 3.5), also from 1957. I guess I didn't have my coffee yet when I posted... or maybe I'm too much anticipating delivery of a FED lens I ordered ealier this week Thank You Dog

The Leica X1 is not my newest cam by build date, that honour would go to my Fuji X-T1 (which also has a very traditional look)

I got the X1 yesterday, when I was deciding between this and a used Fuji X100 (or X100T).
The Fuji X100 is a very very clever camera, the hybrid viewfinder is brilliant, and I understand why X100 owners are so fond of these cams. But the Leica, with its extremely straightforward interface won me over in a heartbeat.