Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which cheapest NEX got focus peaking and 50p video?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Which cheapest NEX got focus peaking and 50p video? Reply with quote

Hello.

I was doing some industrial project, and we've used NEX3 as main camera. I liked it as instrument for manual lens enjoyment, but found it's specs quite limiting. So I'm looking for NEX camera which will have focus peaking and 50/60p video recording at full hd. I'm not looking for tons of buttons or EVF, camera will be connected to external monitor via HDMI.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEX 5?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have first Sony NEX-3 it has focus peaking , no idea about video.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a sony a 3000, which is really a nex although it's sold in the alpha line. It has focus peaking and zoom focusing. It's larger than the regular Nex cameras - more like a small DSLR body - and is very comfortable to use, and cheap to buy. It comes with a low res electronic viewfinder, and a low res screen, but I've found both to be very functional. Image quality is first rate for a crop sensor camera, and it uses e-mount lenses which opens the whole world or manual focus lenses. I'm not sure about your video question. It has 1080/60i not 60p, if that matters. It does not have video output - you'd have to transfer off the sd card.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All NEX offer focus peaking, I believe also the first2, the NEX3 and NEX5 via firmware upgrade, and all following models from start. My NEX5n, that I had bought in Europe, does 50i and 50p, not 60p. I am quite sure that this is because it is a 'PAL' model and that the same camera, if bought e.g. in the US, will do 60P NTSC.

On the A7 I believe one can chose PAL or NTSC, and therefore can have both 50P and 60P. I don't know if there is any later NEX model than my NEX5n that allows for that.

edit: just did some research, and I believe that all NEX 5 versions, including the original NEX5, and the NEX6 behave like my 5N, PAL and 50P if bought in PAL country, and NTSC and 60P if bought in NTSC country. On both the A5000 ( cheap! but no EVF ) and A6000 however one can switch between PAL and NTSC, use both 50p and 60p! After switching one must format the SD card for it to work.