Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sonnar 1:1,5 f=5cm on Fujifilm X-E1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Sonnar 1:1,5 f=5cm on Fujifilm X-E1 Reply with quote

Long planned project, but finally I became inspired to start it now by this thread:
http://forum.mflenses.com/early-jupiter-3-kiev-mount-on-a7-t69145.html

Bought me a cheap M42 adapter and altered it to house the focusing mount of a broken Kiev (it ran ok, but because of some sensitive souls here let me say, that it was broken Smile.
Not that I really needed this Contax and Kiev lenses urgently for use, as I have a few other lenses for using, I did it because of the making, which was a nice task.

Extremly bad and horribly windy weather today, so no chance for a real outside playing, here a few at f1,5:

and a shot inside, on tripod, lens closed to f8:

A Merry X-Mas to all of you!

Klaus

[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. Did you paint adapter interior matte black? If not, try it. It might optimize results. Especially wide-open.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, wow! I have been contemplating just such a project and have been looking for a broken Kiev 4 to attempt an adapter for my Fuji XE-1. Glad to know it can be done successfully.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Looks great. Did you paint adapter interior matte black? If not, try it. It might optimize results. Especially wide-open.

It is black inside

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJB wrote:
Oh, wow! I have been contemplating just such a project and have been looking for a broken Kiev 4 to attempt an adapter for my Fuji XE-1. Glad to know it can be done successfully.

Yes, it can be done. Focusing mechanism of the Kiew has to be shortened a bit!
Klaus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As expected quite a nice performance Klaus!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooow ! A Rectaflex. I had one in the sixties with Angenieux lenses .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
As expected quite a nice performance Klaus!

Yes, quite nice, not more, just as expected.

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
Wooow ! A Rectaflex. I had one in the sixties with Angenieux lenses .

Yes, a nice one, I could not part from again. But I'm not doing anything with it. It is just sitting in that archive cabinet.
Klaus