Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 26A 35-210mm f/3.5-4.2: Has anyone used it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 26A 35-210mm f/3.5-4.2: Has anyone used it? Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently got this lens with a heap of other stuff, I'm wondering whether it's worth trying.
I'm not a fan of manual zooms (especially push/pull-zooms) and this one is large & heavy to boot (73x122mm, 875g).

Has anyone any experience with this lens?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its treble........i will pay the shipping to do you a favor to take it of you hands ...no joking apart it very good to say it has an extended zoom range and held in hi regard by some...i did have one in my film days briefly before i went digital and sold it definitely worth trying

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not too shabby except the one touch of course
http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/26A.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong but looks like you have a valuable Leica R mount on that - probably sells for more than the lens on average.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
I could be wrong but looks like you have a valuable Leica R mount on that - probably sells for more than the lens on average.

It's a Minolta MD mount.

JohnBar wrote:
not too shabby except the one touch of course
http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/26A.html

I collected the closest figures that site has to offer (are these all comparable across lenses?):

Looks quite impressive for a 6x zoom.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macro is pretty strange, there is a not so apparent friction based coupling

edit: trying to remember how it works. set the zoom to its shortes 35mm. turn focusing to minimum so it sort of softly "schnapps". then pull the zoom away from camera to get macro (don't turn focusing!). to get back from macro setting just pull back the zoom towards camera and jiggle the focusing a bit. that simple. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
macro is pretty strange, there is a not so apparent friction based coupling

edit: trying to remember how it works. set the zoom to its shortes 35mm. turn focusing to minimum so it sort of softly "schnapps". then pull the zoom away from camera to get macro (don't turn focusing!). to get back from macro setting just pull back the zoom towards camera and jiggle the focusing a bit. that simple. Smile

Thanks!
It's a bit weird but it seems to work.