Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44-2 58 mm on Canon 60d
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Helios 44-2 58 mm on Canon 60d Reply with quote

Liking this lens more and more...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, glad you like it, it's very underrated, it's too bad all copies are not at there best.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great lens, and very nice images.

I have three 44M and all are good, I can't see any difference in them. I guess I've been lucky with my FSU lenses?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks y'all!

I have a 44m, which is great, and two 44-2 copies. This is my first test with that later lens, and I haven;t tried the other one yet. (It has a lot of oil on the blades though)

I am trying to work through my backlog of lenses that I bought but haven't properly tried yet before I buy any new ones Wink

R

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:
Thanks y'all!

I have a 44m, which is great, and two 44-2 copies. This is my first test with that later lens, and I haven;t tried the other one yet. (It has a lot of oil on the blades though)

I am trying to work through my backlog of lenses that I bought but haven't properly tried yet before I buy any new ones Wink

R

it's never going to happen..... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put in a good effort recently, hence my posts today Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

underrated good lens but very prone to flare and hard to find a sun hood.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
underrated good lens but very prone to flare and hard to find a sun hood.

Hard? Shocked

It's a screw 49mm filter, it's quite common on the bay
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.X49mm+hood&_nkw=49mm+hood&_sacat=0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the flares, they can be used to really good effect IMO. While it may not have a lot of contrast with strong lighting, that's easily fixable with RAW.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I love the flare happy nature of some of these lenses. I use them for video as well and it's a feature, not a bug in that context Very Happy