Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Yashinon 2 5cm Rosellas and sunflower
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Auto Yashinon 2 5cm Rosellas and sunflower Reply with quote

The sunflowers were not very good this year only two grew to a reasonable height. I saw these two wild parrots having a snack and only had the K-01 with the Yashinon on it.Not bad for a 50,I did manage to get reasonably close for these,they are resized so lose some quality.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful colours Mo.
Up here the bower birds do the same thing to our grapes.
We have never had a grape crop, but the bower birds are thriving
- hahaha
OH Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoses bower birds are amazing in what they can eat...almost like little cows grazing on certain grasses,your grapes must be the dessert.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos! I can't believe you got in that close to the parrots with a 50mm. The Yashinon is a great lens for natural color.

Here are a couple of mine with a Yashinon 5cm/2 on my NEX-5N:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All we get here is Magpies

I once counted 11 on my front lawn, even the song doesn't cover that one

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just checked, and the last of the grapes are gone - curse you bower birds!
The grapes are eaten green - long before they ever ripen and the birds are clever enough to find their way in and out of netting.
We have resigned ourselves to the fact that the grapes are there to feed the birds - Very Happy
Meanwhile, I have the 50mm version of this lens and find it to be lovely performer.
As well, it is a very attractive lens with a beautiful design.
Here is a sample of its work.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astrozon,I saw those shots and thought yep it's a nice lens,I am glad I picked it up for a song...very cheap.

OH,the bowers are very clever and hyperactive! I plant the sunflowers for the Rosellas Very Happy best way to get them close to the house.

Happy New Year to you all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Astrozon,I saw those shots and thought yep it's a nice lens,I am glad I picked it up for a song...very cheap.

I got mine cheap too - attached to a Yashica J-3 with no shutter. I paid $7.50 for the camera with the lens. Here's a pic of the J-3:

And one more picture taken with my NEX-5N and the Yashinon 5cm/2:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more from this morning,Its been high humidity and storms so a summer fog across the valley.I was actuially trying to get a decent shot of the bushfire smoke across the valley but thankfully it seems the rain has just about put it out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Mo.
Is the last one looking down towards the common?
Where have the fires been?
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure where the common is ,this was taken from a hill about 5km past the airport.The fire was up in the pine forest on the side of the dam,it seems it may have been started by one of the campers on the side of the dam....an unknown camper at this stage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I am not sure where the common is ,this was taken from a hill about 5km past the airport.The fire was up in the pine forest on the side of the dam,it seems it may have been started by one of the campers on the side of the dam....an unknown camper at this stage

Oh, OK.
The common is down opposite the old butter factory on the river flats.
Our kids and dog played there all the time - usually came home with their bikes and themselves covered in cow dung Very Happy
Good times
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh,yes I know the place it's now a wetlands area for the birdlife....and a really nice walking track.