Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 400mm mount converter for D7000
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Soligor 400mm mount converter for D7000 Reply with quote

I have Solifor 400mm as you see the following pictures. I want to use with D7000.
please help me; which mount converter I must buy?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Soligor 400mm mount converter for D7000 Reply with quote

atincsay wrote:
I have Solifor 400mm as you see the following pictures. I want to use with D7000.
please help me; which mount converter I must buy?

reposting to allow the pictures to show, it's an anti spam measure.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Soligor 400, and a lot of the Soligor range, use a T Mount - which is a removable mount that allows the user to fit mounts for different cameras. An adapter ring has a female M42×0.75 metric thread on one side and a corresponding lens mount of the camera body on the other side.

This shows a T Mount removed

The mount ( Pentax PK ) screwed on the lens, and a M42 mount shown alongside.

They are easy to find, and not expensive. Which camera do you want to use it on?

And the Soligor 400 is not a bad lens either Cool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Op's lens looks like an auto M42.
Fixed mount it seems.
Picture is awful so the ID is tentative.
More pictures would help.
If this is for a Nikon and it really is an M42 fixed mount there is no completely satisfactory adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for replies.
there is better pics.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Info here may help you determine which soligor your's is. Looks like fixed mount version - not good for adapting for Nikon due to registration distance differences.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/soligor-400mm-f6-3.html

note also link to the big soligor thread

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, looks like M42 fixed mount auto version ( has auto pin), unknown maker.
Could maybe ID further with pic of whole lens.
There are M42 adapters for Nikon, but with the glass-less ones you lose infinity focus, and the ones with glass (correcting lens for back focus) increases focal length and degrades the image. This lens will be more like 500mm. In this case though I don't think it will make the image worse, much, because the degradation is mainly in corners and for long tele that's not usually a problem.

There is a possibility that its one of the rare "Auto T" interchangeable mount lenses, from an unknown maker, that in the US market are usually seen as Kaligar, not Soligor. The lens side on these looks just like an M42 auto, with pin, but are actually M44 thread. Yes, weird. Something about this seems to bring that possibility up. Best to check the thread with calipers.
If it is this one that's no help at all as there are no common adapters in production at all. Another Auto T lens with a Nikon Auto T adapter will be needed. Very hard to find.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for comments.
I measured diameter and it is 42mm
ID is 313221. I saw "Sun Auto (3xx..)" in the link which shared by marcusBMG.
what does "sun auto" mean? Can we learn in which year was it made?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is different to mine. It's M42 looking at the pin.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, its ordinary M42.
Sun was a well known lens maker, 1950s-1980s.
They sold lenses under their own Sun brand and also through many importers under their own brands.
Look up Sun Optical.
This lens I guess from the style is from about 1967-1973.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the information. I hope your comments will be useful for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe my 400 is Kino / Kiron, but my 300, which is just about indistinguishable in design, is a Sun lens. There are many makers of Soligors.