Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZ Biotar 4cm/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: CZ Biotar 4cm/2 Reply with quote

It's a Robot half frame camera lens, mounted on Sony NEX5. all wide open.
1 selfy with the lens

Thanks for watching Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Suat is the master of bubbles Smile
Nice looking lens.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 great pics!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks very good!
amazing which lenses you discover and gather!
where did your head go?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stefan, Attila and Andreas you're very kind Smile

kuuan wrote:
looks very good!
where did your head go?

Andreas that's my standard technique to test and showing a lens. Shot at rearview mirror, I got the look of lens and OOF area I want.
This old lens is prone to flare, well no surprise, it's uncoated.
But I like to play with the flare

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:

kuuan wrote:
looks very good!
where did your head go?

Andreas that's my standard technique to test and showing a lens. Shot at rearview mirror, I got the look of lens and OOF area I want.

haha, so well done! still a bit mysterious how your head completely disappeared!
yes, I understand the attraction of uncoated lenses. when, yesterday, I was enjoying a thread called "New Pictorialism, Soft Focus Alert" which features very beautiful photos mostly taken with very fast lenses, I had been thinking that possibly similar results, though of course with deeper dof, might be achived with uncoated lenses, or lenses with coating damage, they maybe 'soft' too: http://forum.mflenses.com/new-pictorialism-soft-focus-alert-t40873.html
ha, I have a Canon LTM 1.8/50 that has coating damage, cannot resell, however it does very well in producing similar, very dreamy results, too, and I shall keep it for that Smile

( personally lately I have been using mostly modern lenses, or actually just one lens, the CV 4/21. On APS-C it's ideal for the street/documentary photography and for that I prefer the good coatings of a modern lens. But I am looking forward for more playful photography, the time for that will come again Wink )

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lens and series, Suat!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BurstMox, Andreas & serkol
kuuan wrote:
IAZA wrote:

kuuan wrote:
looks very good!
where did your head go?

haha, so well done! still a bit mysterious how your head completely disappeared!
yes, I understand the attraction of uncoated lenses. when, yesterday, I was enjoying a thread called "New Pictorialism, Soft Focus Alert" which features very beautiful photos mostly taken with very fast lenses, I had been thinking that possibly similar results, though of course with deeper dof, might be achived with uncoated lenses, or lenses with coating damage, they maybe 'soft' too: http://forum.mflenses.com/new-pictorialism-soft-focus-alert-t40873.html
ha, I have a Canon LTM 1.8/50 that has coating damage, cannot resell, however it does very well in producing similar, very dreamy results, too, and I shall keep it for that Smile

( personally lately I have been using mostly modern lenses, or actually just one lens, the CV 4/21. On APS-C it's ideal for the street/documentary photography and for that I prefer the good coatings of a modern lens. But I am looking forward for more playful photography, the time for that will come again Wink )

Actually it's not mysterious dude, the rear view mirror is small, so it cut my head by it's size Smile little bit tricky to get the right angle though.
On contrary I leave modern lenses. I even sold my heliar 15mm. Now I choose the hard way to take pictures hahhaa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures, Suat! I love them.
kuuan wrote:

No mystery here : it's a half frame camera lens so that, logically, it takes nice half portraits. Smile