Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which lens could that be?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject: Which lens could that be? Reply with quote

Beginning of the year is time for quirky questions. After the fisheye enigme I have one more.

I bid for a cheap lot of filters and small accessories which included this lens:

I decided to let some space for surprise and did not ask the seller to send me more info from the beauty ring. But curiosity is stronger than a well tempered waiting. Looking at the distance mark I say to myself I never saw such a flashy symbol before. The whole lens style looks like it is a 135mm Korean (Sun) piece from the 1980s, is not it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems to me it could be russian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my second guess. But I searched online and found nothing that could really match.

The barrel of Industar-61 LZ looks alike, but I don't find anywhere that flashy distance mark.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:

It could not. Because of feet distance scale.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a strong point. Even in export versions?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex TG wrote:
benadamx wrote:

It could not. Because of feet distance scale.

rubinar have both feet and meters, in a similar font and arrangement

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
That's a strong point. Even in export versions?

I don't know a single Soviet-era lens that has feet marks, even in export versions (USSR was not exactly friends with USA and UK).
Apparently, some post-Soviet lenses (like Rubinars mentioned above) have feet scale, I wasn't aware of that (thank you benadamx)
Still it's not Rubinar as those are all mirror lenses with fixed aperture.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like some creatively designed store brand 135mm from the early eighties.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some "noname" lens probably: Albinar, Mitakon, Beroflex etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinon?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by the blocky font it's one of those Hanimex lenses you see bundled with latter days East German cameras.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Judging by the blocky font it's one of those Hanimex lenses you see bundled with latter days East German cameras.

Bingo.
Hanimex Automatic 135mm f/2.8 (one of dozens of types)

https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/hanimex-135mm-f2-8.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why does it have two DOF scales?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
So why does it have two DOF scales?

The marks in red are just a weird way of labeling the aperture ring.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's couple more pics from current eBay listing:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Alex, that's your well focused find! And congrats, Gardener, for your perfect equipment intuition.

Now I know what to expect. There are some comments on the lens and a couple of test close-up shots on Pentaxforums showing the lens as a pretty decent performer.

When Benadamx mentioned Rubinar, the situation with my recent purchases lit up with a perfectly comic ilght. If the lens was Rubinar, it could only be an uncoplete copy, without the front element. That is not the case, still that could have been a hilarious situation when I would first got an unknown fisheye front group, and then, from a completely independent buy I was risking to get a Rubinar rear group. That could have been be a pretty strange hybrid...