Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Repurposed cine stock samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Repurposed cine stock samples Reply with quote

I have been experimenting with some repurposed Kodak cine stock, and wanted to share the results. At first I though the scans were AWFUL, and in many ways they are. Overexposed, scratched, colours are way off... but after some real effort in Lightroom they did yield at least a few images that are worth showing:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What film is it? Does it have the black remjet backing?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
What film is it? Does it have the black remjet backing?

Kodak Vision 100. My supplier developed their own process to remove the remjet.
I may have to try again as all my shots were bizarrely overexposed. (bizarre because the roll I shot ten minutes before changing to this film turned out perfect).

I suspect my camera lightmeter was playing up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean they wash it off with warm soapy water before putting it in the developer! Smile

Is it Vision 100T? It looks like it's the Tungsten balanced variant, hence the wierd colours.

I notice on ebay lots of single rolls of this stuff for sale at quite hefty prices.

I strongly advise against buying these single rolls, they are ridiculously overpriced. You can buy bulk rolls of the stuff for next to nothing, they appear on ebay all the time, leftovers from movie shoots. I must have a dozen or more 400ft canisters of various types in my fridge, I paid very little for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a spur of the moment thing from these guys:
http://ntphotoworks.com/

I actually have some leftover film myself, which I intend to to use for my 35mm cine camera. (If I ever get it to work)

Hmmm interesting about the Tungsten comment. Maybe they mislabelled it? It was hard work getting them to look like they do now, which is kinda interesting, but I'm not up for repeating it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's way too much cyan in most of your samples, which strongly suggests they sold you Tungsten stock, Kodak Vision Daylight stock is much warmer.