Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone knows these?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Anyone knows these? Reply with quote

Hello all

After reading a wile, I have decided to start playing a little with M42 Very Happy

I have a opportunity to buy this set to get me started. The problem is I don´t know if the lenses is any good, or what to pay for them.

Chinon 23/3,5
Pentacon 29/2.8
Chinon 135/2.8
Pentacon 135/2.8
Soligor 200/3.5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, welcome, and thanks for joining! Smile

About the set:
I can not answer on the Chinon because I don't know them.
I own both the Pentacon lenses that you mentioned and they are certainly worth buying.
The Pentacon 135mm is a very good portrait lens, and the Pentacon 29mm, well, it gets mixed reviews, personally I am happy of my copy, it flares a lot wide open, so avoid shooting at f/2.8, but from f/5.6 on is totally useable and around f/8 to f/11 is tack sharp. It has very much saturated colors, if you avoid the flare.
I don't have the Soligor 200mm but I have seen some jaw-dropping pictures made with it. I am after a copy myself, but it seldom shows up on Ebay.

Hope this helps
Orio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I think this would be a really good set to start with.
Of course depending on the price you have to pay.

As Orio already has written the Pentacon lenses are recommendable and the Soligor is said to be a good lens. I have several Soligor lenses (not this one though) and except one they are good to excellent!

Chinon lenses generally are not bad either. Sometimes not world class lenses but not really bad. Esp. a 23mm lens is pretty hard to get.

What do you have to pay for it?

According to Kadlubek's lens catalogue and taken the present development into account this set could be worth (if mint) about 120 to 150,- € maybe even more.

But if you look for those lenses for a while you probably will them considerably cheaper.

What the set is lacking is a decent 50mm lens, but those you can get for really little money (e.g. Helios 2/58M).

Carsten

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

I think I can buy this set for 55€, so I believe I just have to "go for it".

Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here! I am glad to if you share your experience with us!

Yes go for it, I agree with Orio and Carsten for this price you can't make wrong decision. Please take some test shoots and publish them here. I especially interest about Soligor and Chinon lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:
Thanks

I think I can buy this set for 55€, so I believe I just have to "go for it".

Very Happy

Definitely! Go for it!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice to see you here! I am glad to if you share your experience with us!

Yes go for it, I agree with Orio and Carsten for this price you can't make wrong decision. Please take some test shoots and publish them here. I especially interest about Soligor and Chinon lenses.

I will post some test shot when I get my hands on them. I am looking forward to hear what the "experts" have to say.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait mate!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,Yes, Yes. Very Happy

My lenses arrived today. The seller just wanted to get rid of all his old stuff, so there was more than agreed.

Guss I just have to live whit that Twisted Evil

Now I just have to wait until my M42 adapter arrives.

Picture taker by Sony A100 and Minolta 28-135

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Nice company ! I am sure you will enjoy them very much!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I have a feeling the 200mm will be worth the buy alone already Wink

congrats on the bargain!