Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon 50mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon 50mm f1.4 Reply with quote

With Konica Autoreflex TC arrived 3 lenses. The 28mm, 135mm f2.5 and 50mm f1.4.
Here are some photos with 50mm. I can say that it is very soft at 1.4. It is not a sharp lens. The 50mm f1.7 is much much better in this regards.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/david_db/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I had some time more to play with 50mm f1,4.
Maybe I was wrong... it is not bad lens. The photographer is bad.

This one is wide open:
[/img]

And this is f2,8:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes awhile to get used too a new lens, so don't make a judgement until about after a month of solid use.. Very Happy I found out the hard way....there's always a learning curve with each new lens. The first ones seem a little dull and the second set have the better light I think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
It takes awhile to get used too a new lens, so don't make a judgement until about after a month of solid use.. Very Happy I found out the hard way....there's always a learning curve with each new lens. The first ones seem a little dull and the second set have the better light I think.

+1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone (a good lens repairer in China) told me that the rear lens group of some sets of late version of KONICA 50/1.4 (8 blades) are wrong installed and cause the image produced by this lens very soft, he met some KONICA 50/1.4 like that and don't know why. If you have the late version you can check.
Luckily I own an early version of 50/1.4 (6 blades) and it makes very sharp (for old lenses) images wide open.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find very good both the lens and the photographer.
very good results at first attempts....
All the best,
Sandro