Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Inflation????
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Inflation???? Reply with quote

Bought these over 40year period,probably Mfg.at same time,good investment ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Inflation???? Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Bought these over 40year period,probably Mfg.at same time,good investment ?

Well, that depends on whether you paid the sticker price and on the order you bought them in. I'm not sure what these adapters sell for at the moment. Anyway, it is nice to know that some items depreciate less than the digital cameras and the computers we use them with..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb... paid sticker price in ascending order over time, cheapest for my first Spotmatic.8x increase in price so in 40years time probably sell for $640 ea. Moral, buy the original Pentax adapter now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Pentax adapter 55-60USD now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the $77.78 price is Canadian bought this year,why do I need 3? I have 26 Pentax cameras.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one on Ebay right now for $24.95. They usually sell used for 34-35 US dollars used.

Prices on used Pentax autofocus equipment are really soft right now. Ricoh doesn't seem to be doing very well. Maybe that will change next year but I'm not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been a Pentax fan but like you not holding my breath for FF digital that is why I have switched to Sony a6000 and ordered a7mk11 delivery end of month,if Pentax/Ricoh do bring FF out next year they will have missed the boat in price and technical ability.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Zen..The only genuine Pentax PK-m42 on Ebay is $59.99 +$20 shipping from japan/USA seller. The $29.99 is NOT genuine Pentax.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
dickb... paid sticker price in ascending order over time, cheapest for my first Spotmatic.8x increase in price so in 40years time probably sell for $640 ea. Moral, buy the original Pentax adapter now.

Thanks. I must have a couple of these lying around somewhere, but I doubt I'll hang on to them for 40 years..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People said once ounce of gold could always buy a good suit for men.
Today, one ounce of gold can buy good suits and Pentax adapters.
So, despite the drop in its price, gold remains a good guard against inflation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Jeff Zen..The only genuine Pentax PK-m42 on Ebay is $59.99 +$20 shipping from japan/USA seller. The $29.99 is NOT genuine Pentax.

Well, I think you're wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Pentax-M42-Lens-to-Pentax-K-adapter-/181605703167?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item2a488b1dff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inflation? No. More like a greediness of someone along the supply chain. Especially consider that the Yen is so cheap nowaday.

This was purchased from Yodobashi only a couple years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Approximately how much for each in $ Canadian? please Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bough the adaptor when the yen was at its strongest. At that time 2940Y was about 36USD. However, Yen is currently very very weak so 2940Y is around 25USD. This is really a good time to go shopping in Tokyo.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tao,you are right of course,today's greediness is rampant,my home internet has gone up 40% in last 3 years, I wonder now gasoline has dropped by 40%(the excuse for all prices to rise constantly for transportation costs and airline tickets ++) will rapidly drop Rolling Eyes