Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

rokkor MD 70 210 with A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: rokkor MD 70 210 with A7 Reply with quote

I use primes but for this short safari in South Africa I needed a zoom. You have to stay in the car not to disturb animals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, amazing shots! Surprised Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. This zoom is good on the entire range. The shots are at f5.6 and f8.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a trip such as this it's an agonizing decision to choose the best lens for the job, you made the right choice. They are wonderful pictures.

( I need one of those Rokkors )

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats with your pictures!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Results.

This lens (latest version MD III is also available in Minolta AF-version or as Leica Vario-Elmar) is certainly one of the best tele-zooms of it's time.
At least according rumors it was said that Leitz did participate in the design.

This was a good choice. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice, nice shots!

Absolutely one of the very best zooms i have ever tried, imho better than any Vivitar S1 or Tamron Adaptall zoom!

Straight jpg from the cam:
Crane operator by René Maly, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
For a trip such as this it's an agonizing decision to choose the best lens for the job, you made the right choice. They are wonderful pictures.

( I need one of those Rokkors )

That is true , you always hesitate before a trip. I bought this zoom 18 months ago but never really used it. I made recently short tests and ask on this forum if there was a better choice . I can only recommend this zoom with an A7.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Pilanesberg reserve ?!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Madwike not far from there. I stayed a very short time. If you want to see Rhinos , it is the place to be. Unfortunately I have only few shots with them but friends who were in another car made fantastic pictures with Rhinos. It is difficult to see Rhinos in Kenya or Tanzania.