Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica UC-Hexanon 400/5.6 on Sony A7II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Konica UC-Hexanon 400/5.6 on Sony A7II Reply with quote

Just a few hand-held shots with this rare lens, still getting used to this focal length (sorry about the dust)

The weight is manageable, although it feels a bit unbalanced without a battery grip, the stabilization helps a lot (still needs a fairly high shutter-speed)
Focusing throw is quite long and heavily dampened, but it is still not easy to nail it precisely.

Last edited by padam on Sat May 30, 2015 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice captured! I wonder what is the minimum shutter speed you can come up with the IBIS and this lens. It looks like you need to clean the sensor, the dusts are quite annoying.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the camera was very fresh and I had trouble with the image editing sw on my PC, but later I will remove the spots with another one.

By the way, after I run the sensor cleaning it was all gone, with the help of the IBIS, the cleaning function seems to work more effectively than with the older A7 series.
Since then I haven't used the lens though, maybe it is time to take it out again and train a little Wink

I tried it keep the shutter speed around 1/500 sec, as the sensor based stabilization is more effective with normal or wide-angle lenses.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lens!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dust removed + a few more.
Focusing handheld can be quite challenging sometimes.