Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A walk on the Banks of the Po river with my new Kiron 2/24
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: A walk on the Banks of the Po river with my new Kiron 2/24 Reply with quote

It's been raining a lot, recently, in northern Italy. Some areas suffered from severe flooding, with huge damage to infrastructures and houses, and some victims too. I live very close to the river Po, the biggest river in Italy, which level, because of these rains, is really high these days.
Luckily it looks like there's no danger here at the moment - even because around here the river bed is really broad, and, even if high, the water is still quite far from the banks' limit - so I took advantage of yesterday's fair weather to go and see the river. Also, it was a good chance to try my new kiron 2/24.

1- In this locations banks are like 500 meters away from the proper river bed, and there are houses in between.
This picture is taken from the top of the outermost bank (kiron 2/24)

2&3 - Safely standing on the top of the bank some kilometers down the river: these trees are usually standing on ground which is a couple of meters over the standard water level. (RE.auto Topcor 3.5/135)

4 - A little restaurant just out of the banks. Here, in the middle ages, was the "Sigerico Ford", one of the most used spots to cross the Po river for pilgrims walking the "Via Francigena" to Rome (kiron 24/2)

5 - Kiron 2/24

6- Kiron 2/24

7 - Kiron 2/24

Having a sunny day after all this rain was nice: today heavy rain is expected over all of northern Italy again.
The lens looks really nice to me. It's definitely sharp enough at middle apertures (I still haven't had the time to test it seriously wide open, however I have already noticed the inclination to glow in some situations), colors are lovely, with a coolish tone; flare resistance is not bad too and it's heavy (in a good way) with very good build quality.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice rendering this lens has. You should be happy I guess!
Thanks for sharing these views!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Very nice rendering this lens has. You should be happy I guess!
Thanks for sharing these views!

Thanks Klaus,
I am quite happy indeed, I just need to see how usable it is wide open to eventually become extremely happy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series, hard to pick favorites! You do a great job capturing the reflections of the trees on the water.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good photos, good colors, congrats.
I am also curious how you will like it wide open, mine has sharpness only in the very center and it looses very strongly towards the corners, that much that I have been wondering if my sample is faulty.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
good photos, good colors, congrats.
I am also curious how you will like it wide open, mine has sharpness only in the very center and it looses very strongly towards the corners, that much that I have been wondering if my sample is faulty.

Thanks.
This is the first sample I tried with the lens when I received it: not the most interesting subject, but it may say something about the lens:

the glow effect is quite evident here.

And these should be wide open too - at least, that's how I recorded aperture, but I'm not 100% sure.

However, I need to be in a "real" shooting situation, where I know what to expect and compare results with that, before deciding anything.

JJB wrote:
Great series, hard to pick favorites! You do a great job capturing the reflections of the trees on the water.

Thanks!