Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Topcon R-Topcor 5.6/300
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

701641. Judge for yourself from posted images. I have not used it for quite some time, so maybe this next weekend I'll try again at the rookery.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Lightshow wrote:
The serial #'s for my 2 lenses are 701234, 701364, anyone else that has an R 30cm f 5.6 please post your serial and how sharp it is, especially if yours is razor sharp because I'd love to know if there are better copies out there, cuz I want one.

I've got 701383; however my attempt to repair the aperture blades resulted in a mess. Unfortunately I'm unable to restore the lens into a usable condition not even without the blades. After looking at these prictures I regret it.....

Send the mess to me Wink

Gr S

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
tb_a wrote:
Lightshow wrote:
The serial #'s for my 2 lenses are 701234, 701364, anyone else that has an R 30cm f 5.6 please post your serial and how sharp it is, especially if yours is razor sharp because I'd love to know if there are better copies out there, cuz I want one.

I've got 701383; however my attempt to repair the aperture blades resulted in a mess. Unfortunately I'm unable to restore the lens into a usable condition not even without the blades. After looking at these prictures I regret it.....

Send the mess to me Wink

Gr S

Up to you. Make an offer...

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 701940, its a very nice lens, currently on fleabay.... I decided to keep a Schneider Alpa 360mm Tele-Xenar. I thought the Tele-Xenar was a little bit nicer, perhaps a placebo affect, with the Alpa name I dont know......

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My R. Topcor 1:5.6 f=30cm is serial number 702024. No opinions on its optical performance, barely used if ever. (Much prefer the Tamron SP Macro 300/5.6 as a practical lens.)

There's another one in the junk box in the basement with only four aperture blades left. May use it to make an autocollimator.