Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Where in X-Ray machines are these fast lens located?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Where in X-Ray machines are these fast lens located? Reply with quote

Hello.

Here is a recycling company, which recycles old medical equipment and they have several X-Ray machines to recycle in nearest time.

Most of them look like this: http://hardmeds.biz/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/X-Ray-Machine.jpg

They are made mostly in 80s and output image on CRT monitor. Made by Siemens and some other european companies. As I've read online, the bottom housing there includes specially made image intensifier (sensitive to x-ray lenses only), then is the lens, and then is vidicone tube, which converts signal.

Anyone has idea, lens of what optical properties are mounted there? I have taken apart soviet x-ray machine like this. It had plain Helios 44-2 inside, which is not big deal. What lens to expect in Siemens and others?

I know that fast lens are also in X-Ray machines which take photos on conventional film. They have such machines too, but lens are already ripped.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very often not worth it, as the distance rear lens - film was very small, sometimes even in direct contact.

I have a few on my site http://www.macrolenses.de/objektive_sl.php?lang look for X-ray / Xray

And here a pic where I once had some "monster lumen lenses" on my desk:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

--

Last edited by Opticus on Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the typical tandem-lens setup

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if x-ray machine outputs to display, it still outputs image on film?

I want to use them with NEX, hope register distance will be enough.

The diagram shows 3 different lenses, I should hunt for which one?