Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got a mint Helios 44-2, KMZ
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Got a mint Helios 44-2, KMZ Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm quite new to the forum, and now I have purchased my first "real" mf lens. I have a Aus Jena Sonnar since before but it's in bad shape mechanicaly so I don't count that one.

Anyway I bought this with a Zenit-1b body on the Swedish version of ebay for 140SEK (=18$) from a seller that could't say anything about the functionality and condition. But the images looked good so I went for it. And when I got it I was pleasantly surprised that it was in mint condition, except from very little oil on the aparture blades. Perfect working focusing and preset aperture. Yay.

I haven't dared to mount it on my 5dmark3 yet but on my old 450d it works fine. I wanna know for sure if it will hit the mirror on my 5d before I mount it, or do anything to the lens. The last image shows how much it protrudes at the furthermost focusing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great lens, the best at its price for sure. Oil on the blades is very normal for these lenses, and I haven't heard of it causing any problems, I don't bother cleaning the oil out of mine.
I use mine on Sony and Pentax, so I don't know about Canon mirror clearance. But there's plenty of Canon users here who will know.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will hit the 5D's mirror (at least, it hit my 5D mk1 mirror). But congrats for your new mf lens Smile