Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Summicron 35f2 R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Leica Summicron 35f2 R Reply with quote

I have owned this lens for about 5 years. Decided to sell it to help finance a the new Canon AF16-35f4, My 35-70 gets most of the use these days.

I see Ebay prices very high for the lens so I put it up for sale on FM classifieds for 1200.00 Not much interest so keep dropping prices, down to 900.00 now.

It is an absolutely great piece of equipment, no real shortcomings. Is there no love for this lens ? What do you think the price point will be ?

JP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP, I can't really see the point of your posting? Do you want to sell the lens?
Then please, start a thread in the lens sale section.

Or do you want some advice of the price? To be honest, €900,- is much too steep for an R-Summicron 35. I have sold mine some time ago for something like €350,-. Today €400-450 would be a good catch. Even if the Cron is is excellent condition, you will hardly find a person who pays more than €500,- for it, I'd expect.

Don't confuse the R-lens prices with those of M-lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also keep in mind that nearly every BIN price for lenses on ebay is hugely overinflated. No lens at a decent price lasts more than a week or so at the most. You see so many listing with high prices - because those are the listings that don't sell. People will ask anything and they do - that's why some of those lenses have been unsold for months or even years!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you read the RULES before you post it to the marketplace http://forum.mflenses.com/marketplace-rules-t32548.html .

The price depend on the condition and where/how you sell it. Take a look at the sold listing in eBay for reference.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Leica+Summicron+35+R&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin, if those are all sold prices, then I should be priced right.

Louis, I was speaking dollars not euro's. I realize what the lens is, an E55 filter (somewhat modern) R lens. The square hood models are 1/2 the price.

So I have some hope at 900$

Jay