Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

pulling fp4 and hp5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: pulling fp4 and hp5 Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am leaving tomorrow for vacations in Greece and unfortunately my film order was not delivered in time Sad
I have in stock on fp4 and 2 hp5.. so 125 iso and 400 iso respectively

As I do not want to start using nd filters (still do not know why Razz)
I was thinking to pull the fp4 from iso 125 to iso 50

and the hp5 from iso 400 to 250.

Have you tried pulling those films?

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use the FP4 at its rated speed. Forget the HP5. There should be enough light in Greece.

You are complicating matters and ultimately your negatives will suffer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pushed and pulled both films. I like FP4+ at 100 and 50 ISO more than the rated speed. HP5+ is too grainy for my tastes, so I used Foma 400 and have used that from 50 to 3200 ISO with good results across the range.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand this. You speak about ND filters, so you must think there's more light than the film can cope with. If you set the ASA
at a slower speed as you suggest, the camera will adjust by slowing the shutter speed, which will overexpose the film even more. You
need to set the ASA at a higher rating.

I agree with David about HP5 - it's a bit too grainy and it's way too fast for where you're going, unless you want to take some night or
low-light pics. The FP4 will be fine for daylight at its rated speed, as Phil says. But if you find you run out of shutter speed you can set
the ASA to 200, but don't change it for the rest of the roll once you've started taking pictures.

Anyway, have a good holiday!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Renato, I will look into this.

I have used mostly Rodinal 1:150 to date and do like the results I get with 35mm. It may be this rough look you talk of but for me this is all I know. I like it as easy to develop and very cheap and nearly always gives results regardless of what camera setting you used.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been developing all my film with Legacy Pro L110 diluted 100:1 (A HC110 equivalent developer) . One hour develop, water stop and normal fix, 68-70 Deg F. I have mixed brands and ISO's in the tank, up to 6 rolls at a time. I like the results. I have bought some Rodinal equivalent which should work as well, just have not tried it yet.

Phil