Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sonnar 135/3.5 and Panasonic G1... Roo's and Emu's
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Sonnar 135/3.5 and Panasonic G1... Roo's and Emu's Reply with quote

Went for a drive looking for some Emu's,found two, thankfully and a mob of Roo's in the shade.

#3 The Boss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do look like a mob !!

Nice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures Mo, but you do get some harsh sunlight there. I think some PP would knock those pictures in to a better shape, without losing the essence of the harsh light.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
you do get some harsh sunlight there.

You can say that again! I've never experienced light so intense.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Nice pictures Mo, but you do get some harsh sunlight there. I think some PP would knock those pictures in to a better shape, without losing the essence of the harsh light.

My thoughts too. Are they overexposed or did you get overly happy with shadow control in software?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ woodrim,moreso abuse of the shadow control,I find it hard to get the right exposure (especially with strong shadows and light) and then looking at the back screen of the G1 I can't judge if it should be adjusted more or less. A friend mentioned I should try setting the camera at minus 1/3 stop and tweak a few other in camera settings.

orginal image under exposed,I would rather be under than over...not sure if that is wise thinking

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
@ woodrim,moreso abuse of the shadow control,I find it hard to get the right exposure (especially with strong shadows and light) and then looking at the back screen of the G1 I can't judge if it should be adjusted more or less. A friend mentioned I should try setting the camera at minus 1/3 stop and tweak a few other in camera settings.

orginal image under exposed,I would rather be under than over...not sure if that is wise thinking

I think it is wise to underexpose by 1/3. I've been doing it for years. You can try working in layers where the bottom layer is shadow lightened, then erase top layers only where you need it lighter. This avoids hitting the entire image with the shadow control. There are more sophisticated approaches, but I'm a hack and just get it done however I can figure out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's lower than a hack? that's my approach to using photo adjustment tools Laughing If I took the time to understand the tools it would benefit me,I know it would.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great memories for me Mo.
Australian light takes some managing that's for sure.
Nothing wrong with that lens though.
Thanks for sharing these.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom,The dam is on its way down and the river is running high and fast,not good for fishing....or swimming in the river that is. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Thanks Tom,The dam is on its way down and the river is running high and fast,not good for fishing....or swimming in the river that is. Laughing

When we lived there the dam was empty.
We walked across the bottom of it.
I have some Fujichromes of it somewhere
OH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been visiting here when it was that low,I have a few photos somewhere....It would be nice to see yours.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spring rain?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the dam where we went with you Mo? Beautiful place.

I prefer the original image, even though the details in the shadows are a bit dark.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully there has been plenty of rain this Spring,they just release the water at this time for the farmers downstream.

@Peter,yes this is where we went,not the exact same place but same dam....the weather is a lot better than when you were here. Laughing